Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meat, potato & pea puree....tonight's special pie.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What happened to the Chilli Pie??
Only lasted a week and didn't even make it to the East Stand Upper at half time of the Birmingham game!

Having blasted someone for moaning, I'm going to have a moan now...

The principal issue I have with these 'specials' is that not enough are made. Azure only put in an order for a piddling amount of them, dipping their toe in to see if it will work. If they knew that people are willing to try the new pies, they'd find they'd get better feedback, and then find out what works and what doesn't. In short, order more.

Azure, don't dip your toe in and find out - go bollock deep (not that that should be the new flavour).

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What is this stadium coming too?

Why not a nice hotpot pie or some winter warming substances, I mean, pea puree? I wonder if they will sell out of this one?

Does anyone else think it sounds wrong or is just me?

Tweet them, i'm sure they'll make a traditional 'tripe in a flannel' just for you.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Azure, don't dip your toe in and find out - go bollock deep (not that that should be the new flavour).

That's a fantastic name for a pie, the 'Go Balls Deep'.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
At the risk of upsetting Mr TLO, I had the new pie last Friday. Have to say, I was disappointed by it. It just didn't have the usual PP 'oomph' for me. But hey ho, it was a good attempt.
Now, the chilli pie is a different creature altogether. Shame you can't get one in the stadium.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks totally disgusting to me - steak and ale tonight it is

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Balti

balti

balti

balti.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Having blasted someone for moaning, I'm going to have a moan now...

The principal issue I have with these 'specials' is that not enough are made. Azure only put in an order for a piddling amount of them, dipping their toe in to see if it will work. If they knew that people are willing to try the new pies, they'd find they'd get better feedback, and then find out what works and what doesn't. In short, order more.

Have to agree with that.

Friday I made the schoolboy error of not buying one on arrival in the WSU, I asked the pleasant chap behind the counter how many they had. Oh, loads, they'll be plenty at half time, was the reply.

Not being able to wait till half time, I went back, some 30 minutes before kick off to buy one, only to be told they had sold out.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yep I had one on Friday, bloody lovely, although the filling wasn't as full as normal. It was delightful though !
By the time my mate when to get one they had all gone.
Thanks for the review I'll try to get one tonight

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Have always been a chicken and ham guy but after the taste sensation of the special on Friday will be going for the same again tonight. They were lovely. A bit more moist than the others and a great flavour combo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here