Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McNulty next to go?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
oh do take a sense of perspective...If the Argus had reported this, then people would be saying that its a misquote and you didn't believe it.

It's written by a local rag biased toward their local football team what more do you expect? :facepalm:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
'Scunthorpe United are a appalling team in a godforsaken town, and I'm only here to try and get a game because I can't get into the first team at Brighton. In fact, I can't wait for Marcos Painter to get crocked so I can play in my rightful place in a city where I feel I belong...' said McNulty earlier today.

Interesting.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Sign Painter, off McNulty to scunny, everyone's happy, bob's your uncle :clap:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I hope he's back for next season and seems like Gus wants him back. I agree this is probably just the usual stuff that goes on when people change clubs on loan. The nature of the internet means we get to hear about it whereas when it was just a back page of a local rag years ago most people were none the wiser. He's a promising footballer and seems a decent bloke so I wouldn't get too upset about his comments. My only real concern is that he may never be the player he was before the injury, and I suspect that's playing on Jim's mind also. Good luck to the fella.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
And some people who appreciate Jimmy Mac's efforts. I will say one thing about him - I reckon he beats his man better, and is a better crosser of the ball than Painter.

This is always the balance you need with full backs. For my money Marcos Painter is too cautious and does not give his winger enough support, but defends well. Jimmy Mac gives a presence for the full length of the left touchline but does not defend that well. I do think if Jimmy Mac was on the same side of the pitch as Elliott Bennett things would be better as Benno is great at giving defensive support, and that's exactly where Bennett played at Oldham.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And some people who appreciate Jimmy Mac's efforts. I will say one thing about him - I reckon he beats his man better, and is a better crosser of the ball than Painter.

Shame he doesn't defend well enough, seeing as that's his main job.

Wasn't Jimmy Mac equally enthusiastic about signing for us?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here