Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee got it very WRONG tonight...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
Now, I wonder why you didn't you raise this on Wednesday at the Fans Forum?

Could it be you would have risked a bigger whiskey-soaked SLAP than even that poor bloke who whinged on to McGhee about Big Mac :thumbsup:

Would that be the bloke who was the only one with the balls to even HINT at questioning one of the manager's decisions? If so, then, yes, yes I would. Probably would have started off by asking him why he farmed Jakey off to the non-league, and whether he would have left him there if injuries to the squad hadn't forced him to recall the boy wonder. Would probably have got nutted for me troubles, mind... :lol:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Plymouth at home worried me last season, but QPR at home made me plain angry. Now there was a game we should have won but some iffy substitutions handed it to the hoops.

Still, it's in the past, let's hope we can win some more home games this time & pick up points where we can away. Hopefully we'll upset some of the "giants".

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
What a silly bounce. We did only have one striker last August so that formation was used.
Once we played Virgo up front we started winning matches.

This season we have a plethora of strikers to choose from

Tom Hark said:
Please don't burn my house down. I'm no paediatrician.

Simply pointing out that Groundhog Day can and DOES happen, and that if McGhee comes out with a damage limitation formation against Reading, then some of us won't be best pleased. Rather get beat 4-2 than 2-0.

On the other hand, feckit, we've all gone WAY too long without meaningful football, and are reduced to pathetic misuse of the Search Engine. :shootself

Well yes, but there are a LOT of things we DON'T want to happen, and on the day, if/when we lose, there will be a rush of experts to say what McGhee did wrong!

If we play like we did at Reading last season, the new face scoring in the opening minutes, then we lose....?
A lot of people thought that McCammon was a star, and that we were unlucky.

I think we will probably have to endure some "not pretty" football if we are going to do well this season, and a lot more 'digging-in' to gain a point or three. We know we're not exactly going to set the division alight, after all!

Tom Hark: "Errmm, excuse me McGhee, I would really like to question the wisdom of employing a 4-5-1 system that really....."

*sound of whiskey bottle smashed against Andrew Hawes' chair*

McGhee: "SHUT YER GUB YA BAWHEID! AWAY AN STOAP BUMPIN YER GUMS YA BLETHERIN AULD SKITE!"

*polite applause from B&H Albion Supporters Club*

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
smudge said:
Plymouth at home worried me last season, but QPR at home made me plain angry. Now there was a game we should have won but some iffy substitutions handed it to the hoops.

Still, it's in the past, let's hope we can win some more home games this time & pick up points where we can away. Hopefully we'll upset some of the "giants".

QPR done us in midfield at the beginning of last season at Withdean. Now we have a better midfield with Chippy fit and Hammond looking promising, Oatway trying to play proper football, and will it be Gary Hart?

Pity about our defence and the attack though.

It will be interesting who will take the corners (and free kicks) this season? Chippy ? Kerry Mayo ? And if we get any penalties?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
Tom Hark: "Errmm, excuse me McGhee, I would really like to question the wisdom of employing a 4-5-1 system that really....."

*sound of whiskey bottle smashed against Andrew Hawes' chair*

McGhee: "SHUT YER GUB YA BAWHEID! AWAY AN STOAP BUMPIN YER GUMS YA BLETHERIN AULD SKITE!"

*polite applause from B&H Albion Supporters Club*

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here