[Albion] Mcallister get your arse back here

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I see where you’re going with that but Arsenal are one of those teams our style suits. We’ve got a very decent record against them.

Everton will be playing desperate, scrappy football on the break - just what we’re bad at
That is true.

But I think Arsenal being dirty good and Everton fecking shite kind of still makes a win against Everton more likely.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
FFS. The club gave him two weeks' leave, the club told everyone he had two weeks' leave and the club have planned for him being away for two weeks!

The bloke's just possibly had the highlight of his career ever and certainly so far. He needs to be managed back gently into the Premier League routine. The club preventing him from enjoying his moment just coz some entitled fan is having a paddy on the internet is laughable.
So I'll just mark you down as 'maybe', ok?

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
What a miserable bunch of sods showing themselves up on this thread! If you're getting "annoyed" about him enjoying celebrations of winning the World Cup then you maybe need to ask yourself a question about the content of your own life.
Completely agree. I do think though that this is just another thing that highlights the impact this winter world cup is going to have on the Premier league. I think we have been a little bit forward thinking here, some of the players who have come straight back from Qatar must suffer some burnout towards the end of the season. Christmas normally sees the halfway point in the Premier league, but before boxing day we had 24 games left, plus FA Cup. Not saying the Premier league should have had special consideration, it just is what it is. So I would hope we see some benefit from this break later in the season.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
OP fishing perhaps but he will need to settle back into training once he does rejoin the squad.

Two weeks leave after the final should see him return the 1st/2nd Jan but that's a long haul flight and leaves no time before the trip to Everton. Liverpool is when I'd expect to see him play, the club will no doubt celebrate his return with training photos across social media.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
You've had your time celebrating, it's abt time you were here now. Bloody annoying now
pointless.jpg

Alexander Armstrong:

"That's a Pointless answer, well done.

Richard, what else could he have had?"

Richard Osman:

"Another Pointless answer was "you've let yourself down, you've let your family down and you've let the Albion down."

You could've also had "go and sit on the naughty step and think about what you've done."

Either way, very well played."

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
FFS. The club gave him two weeks' leave, the club told everyone he had two weeks' leave and the club have planned for him being away for two weeks!

The bloke's just possibly had the highlight of his career ever and certainly so far. He needs to be managed back gently into the Premier League routine. The club preventing him from enjoying his moment just coz some entitled fan is having a paddy on the internet is laughable.
OP fishing perhaps but he will need to settle back into training once he does rejoin the squad.

Two weeks leave after the final should see him return the 1st/2nd Jan but that's a long haul flight and leaves no time before the trip to Everton. Liverpool is when I'd expect to see him play, the club will no doubt celebrate his return with training photos across social media.
Who knows, he might want to get back playing, might have seen Caicedo’s booking and be keen to get back to help his team mates. I’m not expecting to see him Saturday, and don’t begrudge him his break, but also wouldn’t be altogether surprised if we did.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I see that Mbappe played in the league for PSG last night and scoring the winning goal.

He also played in the WC Final and despite scoring three goals, was on the losing side. If anyone was going to need two weeks off from football, I would have thought it would be him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I see that Mbappe played in the league for PSG last night and scoring the winning goal.

He also played in the WC Final and despite scoring three goals, was on the losing side. If anyone was going to need two weeks off from football, I would have thought it would be him.
I guess the Director of Football at Paris St Germain gave him a shorter break.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

No Messi playing though.

That's the difference between winning and losing. Argentina have been on a massive piss up in a time zone five hours behind where they won the game. I imagine Mbappe was on the first flight out of Doha the day after the final.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I guess the Director of Football at Paris St Germain gave him a shorter break.
Apparently they did give him a long break but he didn’t take it.

I think there’s also a big difference between losing and winning. Mbappe may also have had a two week holiday of he’d won and been doing massive celebrations for ages.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Quite the opposite. A loser, what does he have to celebrate and tour about for? Mac Allister would have milked this for what it's worth. Mbappe would want to put it behind him asap and move on.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He is probably still pissed in some Argentine Tango bar
back home

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports