Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mcallister get your arse back here

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mac Allister has already said something along the lines of ‘it’s disrespectful to talk about other teams, Brighton backed me when I was struggling’.

We’ve backed him again giving him the valuable time to celebrate what will probably be his biggest life achievement.

He won’t forget that, he is from a good family with great values. We’ll see a massive return on our support for him again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
After the Caicedo booking on Monday wouldn’t be surprised if the player’s WhatsApp group was awash with asking him if he fancied cutting his break short by a day or 2…

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Agree with everyone taking Ali Mac’s side here. We promised him time off, we would be pretty shitty to then demand he come back just because it suits us better.

We have other players. And if they aren’t good enough then it shows we need to consider investing in January.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After the Caicedo booking on Monday wouldn’t be surprised if the player’s WhatsApp group was awash with asking him if he fancied cutting his break short by a day or 2…
I take it the collective 'we' are not discussing the RdZ' cock up that allowed that to happen?

A straightforward basic decision not taken by the manager.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I take it the collective 'we' are not discussing the RdZ' cock up that allowed that to happen?

A straightforward basic decision not taken by the manager.
Either an RDZ cock up or no one told him another yellow and he’s on a ban. Sanchez’s funny 5 mins probably didn’t help making the game edgy for 10mins.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Either an RDZ cock up or no one told him another yellow and he’s on a ban. Sanchez’s funny 5 mins probably didn’t help making the game edgy for 10mins.
There is no either.
The manager cocked up.

He could have subbed Moises off after 5 minutes and replaced him with me and it still would have been a comfortable 3 points.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
FFS. The club gave him two weeks' leave, the club told everyone he had two weeks' leave and the club have planned for him being away for two weeks!

The bloke's just possibly had the highlight of his career ever and certainly so far. He needs to be managed back gently into the Premier League routine. The club preventing him from enjoying his moment just coz some entitled fan is having a paddy on the internet is laughable.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He needs to know that though... with or without getting informed by whoever is designated to keep track of these things.

That said, I don't really think it is a cock-up... Arsenal game would be difficult regardless. IMO much better to miss that game than to miss the game against Everton where Brighton have a good chance of winning if fielding the best team.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
At least he has an excuse - rather than our promotion winning team under Hughton who needed 1 point from 3 remaining games to win the Championship and didn’t manage that!
We managed a point - away at Villa. It was a win we needed - and would have had that but for the last minute cock-up in goal.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He needs to know that though... with or without getting informed by whoever is designated to keep track of these things.

That said, I don't really think it is a cock-up... Arsenal game would be difficult regardless. IMO much better to miss that game than to miss the game against Everton where Brighton have a good chance of winning if fielding the best team.
I see where you’re going with that but Arsenal are one of those teams our style suits. We’ve got a very decent record against them.

Everton will be playing desperate, scrappy football on the break - just what we’re bad at

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here