Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matvienko

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
And Cucurella, Estupinan , and Mwepu . (c £15m admittedly) - it’s the age here that’s slightly different. 26 as opposed to 22/23 for an experienced top flight player.
How much was Webster . Cant have been far off. I agree with the sentiment that to push this season we need some additions who can do it straight away. Whilst it's good to have a model, there must be certain moments whe you can also take the advice of an intelligent manager to strengthen in the right places. And if its not when we are on course for our best ever season, with a chance of europe and a seriously positive net transfer balance then I don't know when it is.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
How much was Webster . Cant have been far off. I agree with the sentiment that to push this season we need some additions who can do it straight away. Whilst it's good to have a model, there must be certain moments whe you can also take the advice of an intelligent manager to strengthen in the right places. And if its not when we are on course for our best ever season, with a chance of europe and a seriously positive net transfer balance then I don't know when it is.
Spot on

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Assume this is not going anywhere then.

Shame if so, I’m not overly worried about making any signings today but wouldn’t have minded bringing in a left sided centre back and like the look of Matvienko with the obvious added attraction of his past with RDZ.
I'd be happier if we:
-- keep Moises until the summer
-- and use his sale to Chelsea (who will pay the most) in order to sign Colwill permanently

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd be happier if we:
-- keep Moises until the summer
-- and use his sale to Chelsea (who will pay the most) in order to sign Colwill permanently
By keeping Caiciedo until the summer opens up the option for us to qualify for Europe, which must reduce the chances of him leaving, even then.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I’m not sure how concerned to be that RDZ made it clear in his interview he wanted reinforcements in certain positions and it appears we won’t have them. Obviously keeping Caicedo (if we do) a huge result, but I’m sure he wants a Left Footed CB and doesn’t have one with Levi injured. I’d imagine he sees that as quite important to his style. Not sure what the other position would be, but we are probably a body light in CM without Mwepu.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I’m not sure how concerned to be that RDZ made it clear in his interview he wanted reinforcements in certain positions and it appears we won’t have them. Obviously keeping Caicedo (if we do) a huge result, but I’m sure he wants a Left Footed CB and doesn’t have one with Levi injured. I’d imagine he sees that as quite important to his style. Not sure what the other position would be, but we are probably a body light in CM without Mwepu.
Yes it's weird to be short at CB for once. I'm not sure we are that short in midfield. We can handle 2 injuries at once probably in CM. Would be nice to have another body tho. The Swedish kid will go in the first team squad I reckon.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes it's weird to be short at CB for once. I'm not sure we are that short in midfield. We can handle 2 injuries at once probably in CM. Would be nice to have another body tho. The Swedish kid will go in the first team squad I reckon.
Not looking great for Billy Gilmour if he does - and the PL is a huge step up from the level he's playing at now.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Right back I would guess. Has played Veltman, Lamptey and Gross there, but not stuck with any of them consistently, whereas Estupinan is untouched at left back.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Moises will likely be off in the summer. I’d be surprised if no one came in for Macallister easier.

I’m sure the club have a contingency plan in place for our midfield; I’m not worried. Thank god for Tony Bloom and his staff.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Moises and Mac will be off in the summer regardless. Enjoy watching them these last 4 months.
I'm surprised Mac hasn't been sought after this window after the World Cup win. Mac has been brilliant since he came back and nothing but positive Albion vibes from him. But yes, wouldn't be surprised to see him go in the Summer.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Moises and Mac will be off in the summer regardless. Enjoy watching them these last 4 months.
We’re we to win the FA Cup and or get into Europe I think the club would be inna far stronger position to both attract and retain quality player, if However we don’t achieve either then I agree come the summer both players will be moving on

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Right back I would guess. Has played Veltman, Lamptey and Gross there, but not stuck with any of them consistently, whereas Estupinan is untouched at left back.
Yeah that’s true. Hope Lamptey can win him over, he looked good on Sunday. Probably gives the ball away a bit too much for RDZ’s liking.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Matvienko I suspect would have been bought if the asking price was closer to Brighton’s valuation. As it seems to be miles out , it’s a no go at the moment . Yes the manager wanted him but Brighton will not buy a player for significantly more than they believe he’s worth.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Not looking great for Billy Gilmour if he does - and the PL is a huge step up from the level he's playing at now.
Billy Gilmour looked terrific in the FA Cup against Liverpool in the Moises role. His best performance yet and he looked the perfect replacement. My jury had been out on him, but now I'd be happy for him to replace Moises next season.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Billy Gilmour looked terrific in the FA Cup against Liverpool in the Moises role. His best performance yet and he looked the perfect replacement. My jury had been out on him, but now I'd be happy for him to replace Moises next season.
This, he equipped himself well didn't he, definitely someone who can progress under RDZ, hope he sticks with us, as he reportedly had itchy feet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here