Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matvienko

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Exactly... let's get rid of Dunk, Gross, Lallana, Welbz as their resale values drop monthly
How much value do they have ? Only Gross did we pay a transfer fee for - otherwise we are straying into Everton territory of what their ‘values’ could have been

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is one of those 'trust the manager' signings and -given where Matviyenko plays (Colwill position) - it makes perfect sense.

He also has 52 international caps and bags of European experience which - for a club like us hoping to qualify for Europe - will be very useful.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Matviyenko may be older than Webster was when we signed him, but Matviyenko has more than 50 international caps, has played in numerous Champions League campaigns and featured in a Europa League semi a couple of years ago (Shakhtar got battered, but still). Webster had only played one season of Championship football at the time if memory serves. The fee being bandied about seems reasonable to me + it's not as if they're desperate to sell thanks to the Bank of Boehly.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
How much value do they have ? Only Gross did we pay a transfer fee for - otherwise we are straying into Everton territory of what their ‘values’ could have been
Indeed. I was just supporting the posters saying that, re Matviyenko and his age, we shouldn't worry what his resale value might be in 4 years time. If he plays well for us then he would be good value, even if his resale value is low.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
How did van Heck I was aware he was substituted and in the highlights I watched I noticed he swung a boot and missed a clearance that led to one of Leicesters goals

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I guess this means no chance of signing Levi C shame. Chelsea take take take and give nothing back will be pissed if they end up with Caceido.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m guessing it’ll be £17.5m in total.

£12.5m plus £5m in add-ons (European qualification being one of them?).

This deal becomes a lot more realistic when you convert the € into £s!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That'll be a no then.
Lots of followers though (over 1/4 million). Naylor and Cantor are at least interested in what he spouts.

811BA656-134A-4F81-A247-BC21B9BDF03F.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here