Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Matt Le Tissier

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Le Tiss really does want a show on Gebeebies, its only a matter of time

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
Masks don’t work (peer-reviews papers prove it).
But masks do work and peer reviewed papers show it. Also looking at countries that have more of a culture of wearing masks shows that they helped to reduce the spread.
“vaccines” - (aka gene therapy) don’t work. (Don’t stop transmission nor infection).
They do however help reduce the severity of illness. They are also not gene therapies. A simple look at the definition of gene therapy would help prove this. mRNAs do not affect daughter cells, a key part of gene therapy.

Next you'll be saying that they've never been tested for another easily debunkable conspiracy theory.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'll answer one of your points. Peter McCullough popped up on Fox news - without knowing whether Damar Hamlin had or hadn't the COVID jab at the time - and instantly said that was the cause of his problems in the Bills game. Like many of the anti climate change lobby, I'd imagine there is money in it and anyone pedalling stuff on Fox you can normally call bullshit.

That said, I do have an open mind on all this. As an example people are coming around to the theory that COVID may have escaped from the lab in the area rather than the Bruce Wayne bollocks we were led to believe. Quite why that was given so much credence has always been a mystery to me.
because animals are where novel viruses emerge from. there were similarities to known bat infections. even if its come from a lab, likely some animal origin processed there.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I thought he was a recruitment consultant. Not sure how much lab access they get.
I run a company that recruits exclusively in to clinical trials. So no lab access, but extensive contacts in the clinical trial industry. It is a murky world. Almost as murky as recruitment.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Vaccines aren't supposed to stop transmission or infection. You might as well criticise Roberto di Zerbi because he doesn't score enough goals. It's not his job.

Vaccines are designed so that when you catch something, your body is prepared to fight it and destroy it quickly. Some, like the measles jab, are so good at it that they stop transmission as well, but vaccines never stop infection.
But that isn't what we were told when they came out, is it? We were told they would stop infection, and then told that they would stop transmission. Then over time it transpired this wasn't the case, and they slowly changed the narrative.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
They do however help reduce the severity of illness. They are also not gene therapies. A simple look at the definition of gene therapy would help prove this. mRNAs do not affect daughter cells, a key part of gene therapy.

Next you'll be saying that they've never been tested for another easily debunkable conspiracy theory.
Wait until they find out how analogue insulin is made, recombinant DNA grown on e-coli bacteria.

I think many people have the idea that clinical trials are wholly undertaken by the pharma companies. Similarly, expectations of what a vaccine can do are often unrealistic. But is is also important to acknowledge that they have caused problems in some people, just like antibiotics do.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
But that isn't what we were told when they came out, is it? We were told they would stop infection, and then told that they would stop transmission. Then over time it transpired this wasn't the case, and they slowly changed the narrative.
(Not a virologist, just someone who watched the news quite a bit during that disease thingy there was a couple of years ago) ... but isn't it that vaccines are primarily there, to reduce severity of infection, which of course makes it totally worth doing. But in some instances they reduce the severity to such a level that it makes it harder for the virus to transmit. This is a side benefit but not the main aim.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I always think it's worth thinking about the practicality of making enough people believe conspiracy theories.

So for example, if I was a "big pharma" or a communist lizard bent on world domination and I wanted the world to believe that my vaccine was needed to counter an otherwise harmless illness like covid, what would I need to do?

Well I'd need to convince or pay off 99% of the worlds scientists and doctors that their life's learning was all total bollocks. Likewise all the governments and media ....... nahh. It's bollocks, I think Covid was actually a threat and vaccines are a good thing

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Cleveland study proves that the MORE vaccines you have, the HIGHER rate of infection you get from Covid (readily available online).

In summary, the claim that a Cleveland Clinic study found more COVID-19 vaccine doses increases a person’s risk of getting COVID-19 is misleading. It fails to take into account several issues, such as the fact that the study was designed to evaluate bivalent vaccine effectiveness.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I thought he was a recruitment consultant. Not sure how much lab access they get.
Since you mentioned that, it reminded me that the only anti-vax conspiracy nut I know personally used to work for GSK (I assume in a non-science capacity, since he now builds bathrooms for a living).
I think with any industry there's a level of contact where you become very aware of all the horror stories, without necessarily having any particular knowledge or understanding of it.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Are you able to explain why all his points make him so? One by one if poss.
It's because each point is sensationalised, without providing a source, nor consideration of the full picture. E.g. increase in heart attacks in young people since the pandemic - it doesn't take much to Google the study, which suggests that COVID infection (rather than vaccination) is responsible, citing known, similar (but lesser) effects from flu infection.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
that was over enthusiastic media and politicans. the medical world knew and said the difference, the nuance didn't get into mainstream information. its easily forgotten the AZ vaccine efficacy was higher than hoped, then Pfizer was even better.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who told us that? The main purpose of vaccines is to prevent the infection being so bad you need to be hospitalised. That’s why old people have flu jabs every winter.
The NHS hasn’t got the capacity to deal with seasonal flu, so vaccines keep the numbers down.
The vaccine gives you a tiny dose of the disease, helps to build immunity. That’s what vaccines do, all of them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
LY fuckng Stupid. TBH I didn’t think this level of stupid was possible but there you go. You live and learn.
"Tis" is a man who thought that staying at Stains would enhance his England chances.

Or, actually, a wormy little turd, too frit to test himself at a higher level.

Plus he couldn't tear himself away from all that teenage fanny in what passes as Southampton's Sherry's.

"Do you know who I am? I'm Matt Le Tissier and I play for Southampton"

Not all replies were "f*** off, you're married, you soppy old ****", which was good enough for him.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
"Tis" is a man who thought that staying at Stains would enhance his England chances.

Or, actually, a wormy little turd, too frit to test himself at a higher level.

Plus he couldn't tear himself away from all that teenage fanny in what passes as Southampton's Sherry's.

"Do you know who I am? I'm Matt Le Tissier and I play for Southampton"

Not all replies were "f*** off, you're married, you soppy old ****", which was good enough for him.
You should loosen up and tell us what you really think about him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here