Matej Vydra

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All the best managers are VERY intelligent people, without fail. Hughton is a good manager of average intelligence.
:lol:

Well you do indeed have a lot of time on your old hands. I personally wouldn't bother expending the energy to cut and paste all that. Maybe in 20 years when I've got absolutely nothing better to do
Yeah, you're too busy calling people out for fights.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
£8m for Pritchard, £7m for Vydra? No brainer surely. Think Andre Gray at £8m and what he did for Burnley's promotion chances last year.
Gray was brilliant last season. Vydra scored 3 goals in 31 league appearances.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
What does that even mean old boy? You've trawled though everything but all you can do is highlight things I've said, right at the end of the thread. For one thing, you've lying, you've only read the last page or so of the thread. Second why don't you tell me in person? I'm always up for putting a face to things. Come on brave boy, give me a call and we can meet up to discuss your disappointment at my comments
de955688fa65cb9610f962eb81a4e820.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What does that even mean old boy? You've trawled though everything but all you can do is highlight things I've said, right at the end of the thread. For one thing, you've lying, you've only read the last page or so of the thread. Second why don't you tell me in person? I'm always up for putting a face to things. Come on brave boy, give me a call and we can meet up to discuss your disappointment at my comments

Ffs, take it down a notch.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
£7M for Vydra is far too high a price IMHO, although prices have got rather silly...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
But you wouldn't have spent £7m on him after his 6 goal season.

No, but it highlights that players can sometimes have a season of poor form, also, we should consider that Vydra is younger and transfer fees have gone berserk in the last season or two. I'm not here to say you're right or wrong, but I don't think we should be so hasty as to declare him as a flop because he's had one bad season.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
No, but it highlights that players can sometimes have a season of poor form, also, we should consider that Vydra is younger and transfer fees have gone berserk in the last season or two. I'm not here to say you're right or wrong, but I don't think we should be so hasty as to declare him as a flop because he's had one bad season.

He was on loan to Reading ffs!! He's clearly got the ability, just needs the right environment.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Another bitch fight of a thread. Struggling to see why people think we didn't go up last year because of goals scored??? We scored the most didn't we??? We didn't go up as the 1st half of the season we were solid but not creative enough, which no one can say about us now. Struggling also to see why people have a pop at Hemed? He scored 17 goals in his 1st season in English football. He's not the best in the division but he will get goals without a question and I wouldn't be surprised to see him and Murray both near 20 goals. It's obvious that we need a couple more players in certain areas especially without the loan window being available but there will be some late business for a CB and a An AM/CF as we k ow we will need at least 4 of each. Our recruitment team is not perfect but their recent record of picking up quality players at a good price leads me to think despite the limited days we will be fine once the window closes

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
£7M for Vydra is far too high a price IMHO, although prices have got rather silly...

Is it? If as said the fee for Duffy is £4.5m

People keep on about us being the top scorers last season but that is a false picture because for the last few games we had to go for goals and did so. Had we continued like we did pre Christmas goal scoring wise we would have been well down the list and nowhere near promotion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, but it highlights that players can sometimes have a season of poor form, also, we should consider that Vydra is younger and transfer fees have gone berserk in the last season or two.
Yep, fees went mad a few years ago and now they've gone full bat shit crazy. I can't say I've watched Vydra that much, maybe he's worth it. I'll trust the club to do the best they can.

I'm not here to say you're right or wrong, but I don't think we should be so hasty as to declare him as a flop because he's had one bad season.
Well I wasn't calling him a flop, I was just questioning a £7m price tag on someone who under performed last season, but I take the point that prices have gone up.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yep, fees went mad a few years ago and now they've gone full bat shit crazy. I can't say I've watched Vydra that much, maybe he's worth it. I'll trust the club to do the best they can.

Well I wasn't calling him a flop, I was just questioning a £7m price tag on someone who under performed last season, but I take the point that prices have gone up.

I think the key point here is that we both trust the club. If Hughton and his recruitment team think a deals worth doing he will, if not then so be it. No more scatter gun player recruitment like Colunga, Toko, Holla etc.

*and that, Davemania, is how to have a conversation on NSC, even if you don't share exactly the same view :thumbsup:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
As a matter of interest is there any evidence that the club are remotely interested in Vydra? or is it just NSC wish spunking?

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
As a matter of interest is there any evidence that the club are remotely interested in Vydra? or is it just NSC wish spunking?

Think he is about to go to Derby. We showed interest in previous windows, not sure now.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Is it? If as said the fee for Duffy is £4.5m

People keep on about us being the top scorers last season but that is a false picture because for the last few games we had to go for goals and did so. Had we continued like we did pre Christmas goal scoring wise we would have been well down the list and nowhere near promotion.

The difference is we signed Knockaert and Skalak. We didn't change the way we played - we were just better at it.

Reading Fan

Aug 22, 2016
Hi guys,

Regarding Vydra, the general view from the Reading fans is that he has clear potential. He could be a great player. The problem is, if you spend £7million on him, it's quite a large risk because you don't know what Vydra you're going to get. Will you get the one from Watford who scored a lot of goals at this level or will you get the Reading version of him who looked shot of confidence and couldn't hit the back of the net if his life depended on it.

Vydra has a lot to prove and could be a good signing for someone, but the price has to be right. If you commit £7million out of your budget on him then that £7million is gone. It's £7million you can't spend on someone else. If you're going to spend that sort of money on a player then you probably need a little bit of certainty that it's not going to go to waste. With Vydra you don't get that. His price should be around £3million based on what he has shown so far in his career. But in this day and age of money flying around maybe £7million is not so bad. The club will know what they can risk on someone.

If Brighton have that sort of money available then why not. You already have Murray, Hemed and Baldock so you are not reliant on Vydra. For Reading, it would be a bad move. We still don't have that main man striker and we don't have a lot of cash either. So we need our next striker signing to be right. Vydra would be too risky for Reading, but it could be a risk worth taking for Brighton, a calculated risk because you are already well equipped.

I felt that part of Vydra's failure at Reading was that he was not partnered with a good target man striker like he had Troy Deeney at Watford. I believe Vydra is a number 2 striker and should play off a target man for him to be most effective. He is a creative player and likes to move the ball around quickly. Other players are not always on his wavelength. At Brighton he would have Glenn Murray to play with. At Reading he was on his own. We probably didn't play to Vydra's strengths and didn't get the best out of him. Hughton is a good manager and I'm sure he would get the best out of Vydra so he could be an effective player alongside Glenn Murray or even with Hemed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports