Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matej Vydra

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Nowhere had reported / linked us with him get this thread gets to 20pages - Bizaare!

We were last season before Reading nipped in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread is total bollox, I hope he signs somewhere else this weekend.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Vydra and Manu have attacking qualities that Hemed and Baldock will never possess. Proper speed, finishing quality. Jesus Christ I hope we're not in for another season with Hemed and Baldock spearheading our attack. We will fall short again without doubt. At least we have Murray. Just watch him for one game, he's so much higher quality than Hemed and Baldock but we need more if we are to reach the premier league
Much as i appreciate Hemed's contribution last season I have to agree with this.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We won't get a striker and the key player is an attacking midfielder that we really need as we'll lack the quality if we get one or two injuries there.

CH has mentioned this kind of signing and a defender but not a striker

He mentioned the need for a striker on sky sports news yesterday and that he still hoped to get one in

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He mentioned the need for a striker on sky sports news yesterday and that he still hoped to get one in

With only 3 fit first team strikers it's glaringly obvious the team needs a better Baldock to complete the squad.

I'll go so far as to say without this illusive striker, the £4m (or whatever) spent on Duffy will be completely wasted.
It'll be impossible to reach the play-offs, let alone promotion with just Murray, Hemed and Baldock.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
With only 3 fit first team strikers it's glaringly obvious the team needs a better Baldock to complete the squad.

I'll go so far as to say without this illusive striker, the £4m (or whatever) spent on Duffy will be completely wasted.
It'll be impossible to reach the play-offs, let alone promotion with just Murray, Hemed and Baldock.

Pretty much this.

Which is why I don't think Duffy as record transfer will be held for long.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
This thread is total bollox, I hope he signs somewhere else this weekend.

Unnecessarily aggressive! but it is bollox because its totally based on speculation and wish spunking and he probably will sign for someone else this window and score the goals that gets them promoted.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick

Didn't we finish third (about 16 points ahead of 6th) last season with with Hemed and Baldock? I know we had Zamora chipping in with a few, but Murray is a better (fitter) player than him.

We do need another good striker, but to say we will struggle to make the play off's without one is wide of the mark.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Unnecessarily aggressive! but it is bollox because its totally based on speculation and wish spunking and he probably will sign for someone else this window and score the goals that gets them promoted.

Not total bollocks. Remember how close we were to bringing him in last time around so there's obviously interest there, though admittedly his performances last season may have quelled that interest.

Add that to the fact he will undoubtedly move somewhere before Thursday.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's bollox because all those desperate for it to happen are basing it on Vydra ripping Adam El Abd a new one over Christmas, and a couple of other fortunate goals against us.

He is the reverse Rhodes, plays great against us, but shitehouse everywhere else.
Assuming he moves, he's going to be at his 5 club in 5 years with ever decreasing returns from each move.

Had he no run past El Abd with ease, all those years ago, this thread would have been 4 posts long.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
[/B]

Didn't we finish third (about 16 points ahead of 6th) last season with with Hemed and Baldock? I know we had Zamora chipping in with a few, but Murray is a better (fitter) player than him.

We do need another good striker, but to say we will struggle to make the play off's without one is wide of the mark.

We also had Wilson, who scored some important goals. We need 4 and as much as you may like what we currently have, why not improve on it?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We were last season before Reading nipped in.

Well aware thanks mate... But my post is still correct from what I've seen (ie linked nowhere this window.)

I'd def like us to go for Vydra fwiw - just weird this thread is 20 pages already without any rumours!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[/B]

We didn't start the season with 3 strikers, but we ended it with none.
They'll be no after window loan.
Baldock won't cameo through an entire season.
Murray and Hemed are too similar to play together.
Either, esp Murray can be relied upon to play the full season.

1 striker is all we need, a better Baldock changes everything, which is why the club are desperate to sign one.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
we'll be signing another striker before wednesday night.

I doubt it will be Vydra.

Derby , on the other hand...

larus

After the January transfer window, we were the most prolific team (I feel anyway - not checked stats). We ended up joint top scorers, but conceded more than the other sides in the top 4. If we'd had Knocky all season, we would have won the league IMO.

This season, we have the best goal difference in the league so far, but we're still not scoring enough in your opinion.

I'd say the facts speak more than any emotional rant by a few fans. Yes, another options would be good, but Zamora only scored 7 I believe last season and was not available for a lot of games. Murray is a better option then Bobby (not saying he's a better player than Bobby was in the past).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here