Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matej Vydra

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Agree re Vydra, but couldn't disagree more about Manu......

I like Vydra, good movement, can finish and has quality about him. Would prefer a permanent purchase than a loan though.

I think or I'm guessing with Manu that it's not lack of ability that has kept him out of the side, it's his attitude. Hopefully as a unit they can get past that and see what he can do

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Another week gone by and still no permanent striker in but at least we haven't lost anyone....yet.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Another week gone by and still no permanent striker in but at least we haven't lost anyone....yet.

There's goals everywhere in the team. The key issue is maintaining the supply line. If we hold on to what we have then there is no striker issue.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's goals everywhere in the team. The key issue is maintaining the supply line. If we hold on to what we have then there is no striker issue.
Yes, but we are paper thin on numbers up front.

With 2 in the 11, and 1 more on the bench all we have is Elvis to cover injury, suspension and loss of form.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

The key also is to add very much needed depth. At the moment we have just 3 strikers and 3 senior centre backs. It isn't enough in a very competitive Championship

It's starting. to become a concern for me also.

We failed to bring in another striker in Jan and i feel that cost us in the end. Lets not make the same mistake twice.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If we don't land another quality striker this window then autos looks beyond us. It's not good enough really when you see clubs like Villa,Wednesday,Newcastle.Derby etc get their checkbooks out and business done.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
If we don't land another quality striker this window then autos looks beyond us. It's not good enough really when you see clubs like Villa,Wednesday,Newcastle.Derby etc get their checkbooks out and business done.

Yeah that's right... 16 goals in our first 6 games is shambolic.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Yeah that's right... 16 goals in our first 6 games is shambolic.

The weak link last season was the strikers, let's hope Murray is enough to drag the quality of our strikeforce up enough to step up that extra level. It's no use papering over cracks saying well we scored the most goals. Yes we have a great team but a pretty f-ing average strikeforce. To finish top of the pile, top two, we need more quality up front

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The key also is to add very much needed depth. At the moment we have just 3 strikers and 3 senior centre backs. It isn't enough in a very competitive Championship

thats the truth of it. we dont need a "top striker" we scored loads loads last year, except in that spell in December when the squad was decimated and we conceded too many. cover for these key areas (dare i say left back too?) is what we need to improve on last year.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
We scored the same as Boro & more thanBurnley.

Our problem was that we conceded more goals.

That's because we had the best team apart from the strikers. Stop trying to justify that they are good enough, they aren't. To reach the premier league we need quality up front. Murray is a big step in the right direction, we need one more quality player up front and we can make that extra step up. We do not want to be relying on Baldock and Hemed

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He looks far more dangerous than either of them, he needs a bit of a run in the team. Baldock and Hemed are both very average at this level.

I hope Elvis comes good but how does he look more dangerous without scoring or creating as many goals. Hemed got 16 in his first year in the Championship and also hit double figures in the Spanish top flight. He's scored 12 international goals too.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
thats the truth of it. we dont need a "top striker" we scored loads loads last year, except in that spell in December when the squad was decimated and we conceded too many. cover for these key areas (dare i say left back too?) is what we need to improve on last year.

Anyone who thinks 3 strikers is enough is clueless. It's as simple as that

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I hope Elvis comes good but how does he look more dangerous without scoring or creating as many goals. Hemed got 16 in his first year in the Championship and also hit double figures in the Spanish top flight. He's scored 12 international goals too.

You won't see Elvis in the first team again(barring cup games). Any offer and the club will get rid.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Apparently you are clueless :moo:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Wtf Hemed scored 17 last season buts lets replace him for another 17-20 goal striker some of the shite on here is laughable.
Also had we signed Murray in January according to half of NSC we would have been promoted, he's here now so what"s the ****ing excuse now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here