Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matej Vydra

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
No.
Thanks.

What do you mean no thanks? Ok we'll stick with Hemed who is incredibly lumbered and limited at this level or Baldock who has great movement and a smart brain but incredibly limited finishing ability at this level. Vydra would be a quality signing. Also Manu needs more of a chance. I guess you're one of the oh we saw him offside several times in the very short space of time we got to see him so he must be crap and we've written him off camp. They SHOULD give him more of a chance, he came from a totally different league at a price tag of a million and a half and we've barely played him. I have to say this current management set up is very bad at trying out players and giving them a proper chance. If I was Tony Bloom and had spent a lot of money on players like that who barely have been given a proper chance, I would be having serious words with Hughton about that.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Vydra and Manu have attacking qualities that Hemed and Baldock will never possess. Proper speed, finishing quality. Jesus Christ I hope we're not in for another season with Hemed and Baldock spearheading our attack. We will fall short again without doubt. At least we have Murray. Just watch him for one game, he's so much higher quality than Hemed and Baldock but we need more if we are to reach the premier league

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Vydra and Manu have attacking qualities that Hemed and Baldock will never possess. Proper speed, finishing quality. Jesus Christ I hope we're not in for another season with Hemed and Baldock spearheading our attack. We will fall short again without doubt. At least we have Murray. Just watch him for one game, he's so much higher quality than Hemed and Baldock but we need more if we are to reach the premier league

Who were the top scorers in the league last year?

Inova

Aug 25, 2016
Vydra would be a great option if a deal can be done. I feel that Murray has given us that extra quality that was missing towards the end of last season. In the box he is such a great finisher at this level. I agree with Davemania another season of Hemed and Baldock won't be enough. Murray is great addition and will surely make a big contribution this season.

I feel if we got Vydra then top two is serious possibility.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Who were the top scorers in the league last year?

If we'd had a quality striker we WOULD have walked the league last season. Murray maybe is enough, if he stays fit the entire season, because he's quite simply much better than what we had last year. But welcoming the likes of Vydra, who is a quality player would massively increase our chances this year

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
If we'd had a quality striker we WOULD have walked the league last season. Murray maybe is enough, if he stays fit the entire season, because he's quite simply much better than what we had last year. But welcoming the likes of Vydra, who is a quality player would massively increase our chances this year

You didn't answer my question!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What do you mean no thanks? Ok we'll stick with Hemed who is incredibly lumbered and limited at this level or Baldock who has great movement and a smart brain but incredibly limited finishing ability at this level. Vydra would be a quality signing. Also Manu needs more of a chance. I guess you're one of the oh we saw him offside several times in the very short space of time we got to see him so he must be crap and we've written him off camp. They SHOULD give him more of a chance, he came from a totally different league at a price tag of a million and a half and we've barely played him. I have to say this current management set up is very bad at trying out players and giving them a proper chance. If I was Tony Bloom and had spent a lot of money on players like that who barely have been given a proper chance, I would be having serious words with Hughton about that.
Sometimes you can tell from an early stage if a player is shit.This applies to Manu and you can't see it. Thankfully CH does and simply doesn't rate him. Terrible signing

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Sometimes you can tell from an early stage if a player is shit.This applies to Manu and you can't see it. Thankfully CH does and simply doesn't rate him. Terrible signing

We've haven't seen enough of him yet. Hopefully he'll get a chance to prove himself this season. He's very packet and looks a threat to me.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

What on earth makes you think Manu is a better finisher than Hemed or Baldock. There are no stats to back this up.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
As a team we were great, with a top striker we would have been out of sight. We didn't have a top striker. Far from it, that's why we didn't get promoted

We were the top scorers I believe...that would highlight to me....it wasn't our strikers inabilities that meant we missed out on promotion.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
What on earth makes you think Manu is a better finisher than Hemed or Baldock. There are no stats to back this up.

He looks far more dangerous than either of them, he needs a bit of a run in the team. Baldock and Hemed are both very average at this level.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We've haven't seen enough of him yet. Hopefully he'll get a chance to prove himself this season. He's very packet and looks a threat to me.

I've seen every game for the first team that he's played in, including friendlies and also U21s last season. He just isn't good enough at this level. Can't finish and gets caught offside (though better this season).

He missed 3 or 4 one on ones vs Oxford. Whilst I wouldn't mind Vydra, I'm not sure Manu is the answer to anything.

I hope for his sake he get a move, loan or otherwise.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I've seen every game for the first team that he's played in, including friendlies and also U21s last season. He just isn't good enough at this level. Can't finish and gets caught offside (though better this season).

He missed 3 or 4 one on ones vs Oxford. Whilst I wouldn't mind Vydra, I'm not sure Manu is the answer to anything.

I hope for his sake he get a move, loan or otherwise.

Hydra would be quality and Manu needs a bit more time AND opportunity and could be very good

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hydra would be quality and Manu needs a bit more time AND opportunity and could be very good

Agree re Vydra, but couldn't disagree more about Manu......

I like Vydra, good movement, can finish and has quality about him. Would prefer a permanent purchase than a loan though.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
are you pissed? Manu better than Baldock?

Er Baldock, as I've said has a bright brain but he's not a finisher at this level. To be honest he was alright last season, that's about as much as you could say. I'm not saying Manu is more hard working or as intelligent a player but he possesses qualities that potentially are of a far higher level than someone like Baldock. Baldock is average at this level, this is what happens with players, they have their limits and levels of ability

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here