Matchday presenter and announcer

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nov 20, 2003
hove
only one man capable Tony " youve called the seagull line on Brighton 8049" Millard .He could also double up as head of youth scouting!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Apparently the two previous occupants were not even advised these would be advertised, I really do hope Mike Ward gets it - such a nice bloke

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tony milard is BHA. Ian Hart too! Or Richard Lindfield. Or Comedy Steve. But whoever it is, hope they don't love sound of their voice too much

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
This is being talked about like it's the same role...one will be the announcer, one (i presume) will present the coverage on the big screens and on the screens on the concourse. Is the main concern about the announcer?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Presumbly at some stage during the interview process each applicant will be asked to speak into the public address system.

Interviewer:

"Ok then, If you would just like to read off the piece of paper on front of you"

Applicant:

"Of course" (slight pause) "get off the pitch, GET OFF THE PITCH"!!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Any of the presenters that have been on the Radio Sussex and Surrey phone in since Harty left should be immediately discarded as being unsuitable, as tyhey have proved already.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Any of the presenters that have been on the Radio Sussex and Surrey phone in since Harty left should be immediately discarded as being unsuitable, as tyhey have proved already.

But they were presenting a radio show not announcing at a football stadium.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But they were presenting a radio show not announcing at a football stadium.

That didnt seem to make much difference at the open top bus ride when the presenter/introducer was awful and wasnt that Richie Reynolds or am I mistaken and doing him an injustice. That was not when Charlie Oatway took over by the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports