Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Made In HEAVEN For The Last Home Game? (Assuming All Goes Well From Here On In)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Dunno. Am I?

I sincerely hope so. If I cannot prance around to THE LAMBRETTAS my whole season will be RUINED.

I might even ask Barber if I can invite Doug and the boys to do a set.

Heaven = Live performances from the Band of The Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment (Royal Sussex heritage) stirring renditions of GOSBTS plus a few 'banging tunes' from our Norm.

:salute::rave:

Is this the one known as the "Kohima Band", look like a proper band should with white tropical helmets. Saw them deliver the most stirring and loud version I have heard of "Sussex by The Sea" (not GOSBTS please!) at Lewes Bonfire a good many years ago. They were marching proudly up the street by the Town Hall blowing their lungs out at around 00:30!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What would happen if they were called 'Brighton Heterosexual Mens Chorus'? Would they be taken to court for being elitist?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Is this the one known as the "Kohima Band", look like a proper band should with white tropical helmets. Saw them deliver the most stirring and loud version I have heard of "Sussex by The Sea" (not GOSBTS please!) at Lewes Bonfire a good many years ago. They were marching proudly up the street by the Town Hall blowing their lungs out at around 00:30!

The very same .. if we can't book them the mass bands/Royal marines will do! :salute:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Club always found room for opera woman before the play-off semi final home leg(s). Those were in the evening, and pretty sure they were on Sky.

I hate opera singers at football. I much prefer a military/ brass band. The last home game isn't a play off semi final (hopefully). It's just a league game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I hate opera singers at football. I much prefer a military/ brass band. The last home game isn't a play off semi final (hopefully). It's just a league game.

I like military bands at football because it enhances the atmosphere but I do like a live version of GOSBTS. What was the name of the ones we had sing on one occassion similar to El Divo?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I want to say something, but don't know how to word it without offending the poof.... er..... I mean the gay community

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Gareth Malone has a lot to answer for. There was a mixed choir screeching out in The Martlets Centre Burgess Hill recently, I thought it was awful that was only my opinion but no doubt some people liked it. It takes all to make our world. Just to clarify I love operatic music but not when sung by choirs whether they be all male all female or mixed. I think the only exception would be Men of Harlech sung by a welsh male choir.

Inchoir. Pal of my wife is a member of that lot (and a lifelong Albion fan)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
What would happen if they were called 'Brighton Heterosexual Mens Chorus'? Would they be taken to court for being elitist?

That's above me. Explain my stupidity, please.

Hmmm well, nah.

stupid homophobe i'd suggest

Why are they not just called Brighton Mens Chorus? Where is the homophobia exactly?

Quid Est Dictum but don't fear the dictum, Nomad, it's only said.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
For me, I go to a football match to be entertained by the football. If the club lay on anything before the last home game then I will remain in the concourse with a pint of Harvey's in my hand and boo them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here