Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Match Made In HEAVEN For The Last Home Game? (Assuming All Goes Well From Here On In)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
'Ring of Fire' and 'I'm On My Way' have equal value at the Albion insofar as they have nothing AND everything to do with us.

'Nothing' because their origins are nothing remotely to do with Brighton, the Albion or football.

'Everything' because over the past two or three seasons, these have been belted out as full-blooded terrace chants.

Totally agree. These things organically grow a life of their own, same as every other football chant there ever was. We'll probably be singing them fifty years down the line, even if nobody really remembers why.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you have absolute 100% proof that the pitch would be ruined by 40 blokes doing a 2-minute 'mincing' (whatever that it) routine? First-hand, peer-tested preferably.

Thanks.

you sang Stainer's Crucifixion? That is a masterful piece of work. I have sung it three times. Although to be honest I prefer Mendelssohn's Solemn Vespers in the original coptic Russian....hours of practice pays off

Fling wide the gates! etc...

If it was taking hours you were singing far too slowly :)

That is the one Dave I cannot remember exactly how long as it was 60 years ago but if memory serves me well it was from about 10 -12 each day so about 2 hours. I could be wrong and it wasnt as long as it seemed to a 12 year old. I know we got paid 2s6d for doing it as against 7s6d to sing at a wedding

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
:bounce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here