Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MASSIVE boss Carvalhal cracking up ?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Well all I can say to those ''ramblings'' is KARMA

Mr Carvalhal - Cast your mind back to the play off semi final last year when we got 3 in juries in the first game and had 4 first team players out for the second leg. ''What goes around comes around'' and all that

Make that 4 injuries.. Down to 10 men without having anyone sent off!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well he does look like a Portuguese waiter, obviously reverting to type

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think they borrowed the how to build a squad book from Derby.... Rhodes for £10 million... When they signed him, they were convinced of getting top 2
A fair few know-it-alls on here thought the same.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I hate to say it, Carlos, but you might want to revise your opinion on this...

17796172_10154458833509103_4387611434843630912_n.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think they borrowed the how to build a squad book from Derby.... Rhodes for £10 million... When they signed him, they were convinced of getting top 2! I bet it hurts that little old Huddersfield are above them!

Their fans on owlstalk worked out that they've forked out £30m on transfer fees in the last three transfer windows. Exactly as you say, the Derby approach.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Buckley is injured? I was hoping he would be fit vs Newcastle.
Why? He's not the player he was for us. How many has he scored this season, or indeed, since he left us?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mr Carvalhal - Cast your mind back to the play off semi final last year when we got 3 in juries in the first game and had 4 first team players out for the second leg.
If only NooBHA.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Akpom or Rhodes upfront, I know who I'd prefer
I'd take Rhodes, might thrive from the service of Knockaert & co. Got to be better than 0/10 Akpom.
Ok, so we've blown £10m on Rhodes, which of our (recent) players would we have not bothered with, to make that £10m saving?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Akpom or Rhodes upfront, I know who I'd prefer
One is 'free' the other cost £10,000,000, and is earning pooh loads a week.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ok, so we've blown £10m on Rhodes, which of our (recent) players would we have not bothered with, to make that £10m saving?

I don't think we need either of them. Rhodes was a ridiculous price and Akpom appears to have been possibly the worst Premier League loanee available if his performance on Saturday is anything to go by. I was just saying which of the two I'd prefer in the stripes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't think we need either of them. Rhodes was a ridiculous price and Akpom appears to have been possibly the worst Premier League loanee available if his performance on Saturday is anything to go by. I was just saying which of the two I'd prefer in the stripes.
Well yes, Rhodes is undoubtedly a decent Championship striker, but the allegation wasn't that he's not, just that the Derby way of building a squad isn't the best.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Well yes, Rhodes is undoubtedly a decent Championship striker, but the allegation wasn't that he's not, just that the Derby way of building a squad isn't the best.

Weds ****ed by signing too many expensive attacking players and not strengthening their defence imo, is that Derby way? I guess it might be

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It looks like we are to be truly blessed by the football gods. Full closure on the 2015/16 season will indeed be achieved if we go up, Boro come down and Massive suffer season-ending injuries. Amen!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Weds ****ed by signing too many expensive attacking players and not strengthening their defence imo, is that Derby way? I guess it might be
Sounds like you're writing your CV.

Derby had an excellent squad a few years ago - in fact they still have a good squad, but they've added too many billy big balls strikers and caused problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here