Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille v Albion ticketing - allocation and priority windows etc

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Need to be on the very early flight out of Nice on Friday morning, so have booked a seat on the Flix bus leaving Marseilles at 11pm after the game. Will depend on how long we get held at the ground as to whether I get to the central bus station in time - I think it’s about 20 mins walk from La Joliette. Good to know if anyone else is aiming for that bus?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Need to be on the very early flight out of Nice on Friday morning, so have booked a seat on the Flix bus leaving Marseilles at 11pm after the game. Will depend on how long we get held at the ground as to whether I get to the central bus station in time - I think it’s about 20 mins walk from La Joliette. Good to know if anyone else is aiming for that bus?
That feels potentially tight.

It sounds like there will be a group of buses that will run shuttles from the stadium back to La Joliette so, if nothing else, you'll want to make sure you're on the first run of buses.

Because of my own plans, I've informally asked Sussex police about being able to "escape" this enforced transport back to La Joliette, and it is currently unknown. It may be we all have no choice about that, even if it would be more convenient to head somewhere close to the stadium on foot.

What's your back-up plan?

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Two of us also aiming for that 11pm FlixBus. It’s probably the main risk in our travel plans. Hopefully we’ll make it, but would be good to have a backup plan, e.g. shared taxi or minibus to Nice. Unlike you, we’ve not got an early flight out of Nice.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
That feels potentially tight.

It sounds like there will be a group of buses that will run shuttles from the stadium back to La Joliette so, if nothing else, you'll want to make sure you're on the first run of buses.

Because of my own plans, I've informally asked Sussex police about being able to "escape" this enforced transport back to La Joliette, and it is currently unknown. It may be we all have no choice about that, even if it would be more convenient to head somewhere close to the stadium on foot.

What's your back-up plan?
I agree, could be tight. My back-up plan is a very expensive Uber from Marseille to Nice airport!

My flight to Heathrow leaves 7:55am and I don’t think there’s another form of transport that gets me there on time. Couldn’t get Friday off work unfortunately.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I agree, could be tight. My back-up plan is a very expensive Uber from Marseille to Nice airport!

My flight to Heathrow leaves 7:55am and I don’t think there’s another form of transport that gets me there on time. Couldn’t get Friday off work unfortunately.
Wow Uber from Marseille to nice (I think) is over 300 euros. You're also reliant on a driver doing that trip in the middle of the night. I wouldn't risk it. If that happened you might be better off getting a different flight.

Uber not as reliable in south of France. I waited over 2 hours to get a taxi from Cannes to st Tropez during the day in peak season this year. Can be very up and down for longer trips.

Last edited:

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
suspect we're on a similar flight. I've plumped for a very early train out of Marseille

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Two of us also aiming for that 11pm FlixBus. It’s probably the main risk in our travel plans. Hopefully we’ll make it, but would be good to have a backup plan, e.g. shared taxi or minibus to Nice. Unlike you, we’ve not got an early flight out of Nice.
Four of us booked on that coach at 11pm from Marseille to Nice as well.
If we don't make that coach, happy to share taxi's and minibuses back to Nice. With you @Jovis as well.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Don’t think Brighton is squeaky clean. Bruno received death threats when he went to Chelsea.
A few isolated, pathetic idiots bigging it up on Twitter is rather different to the co-ordinated groups at quite a few foreign clubs who'll threaten and abuse players at training grounds and try to drive out any managers/owners that don't involve them in the running of the place.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It may be a cheaper option, particularly if you can buddy up with some others, to get a one-way car hire from Marseille to Nice.

Just looking on Expedia, you can get a car from Marseille airport, dropping off at Nice airport in the wee early hours for about £150. If there are three or four of you, that's not too bad.

Maybe try and get names and numbers from others on here, and hop onto Expedia or similar ASAP on the night if it looks like you won't make the bus.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...in fact, it's far cheaper to pick up a car at Nice on Thursday morning and return it on Friday morning - you're looking at £60-70 right now.

It might be worth doing that, and taking any stress/worry out of the equation, assuming you can drive and don't mind not drinking!

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Yep it seems to be going up and down when I have had a look this morning. I think you're right.
Does seem to have been a definite pattern with these sales that they go down sharply in the first half hour of a window opening then gradually increase as people presumably drop extra tickets from their baskets. Also noticeable that there has not been any trickle down effect between opening of windows. For instance hardly any sold at all between Friday evening and Monday morning.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
617 left as i type.
I think that 200 figure is wildly optimistic. If i was a betting man i would say 40 more at the most.
I appreciate it’s a new experience for the club (and supporters) but I’m interested to see if we handle the process differently if we advance or qualify again in future seasons.

The gaps between buying windows made it difficult for groups or family’s with different loyalty point levels to feel confident in ticket availability. This probably delayed booking of affordable travel and available options now probably require 2-3 days away from home. That’s a lot to ask with family and work commitments. I also think offering just 5 loyalty points has been a factor. I’m certain that making it 15 points would have influenced many who have Ajax away as a priority.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
There's a hostel in Marseille called 'The People' which has dorm rooms available for about 35-40 quid if anyone is really needing cheap accommodation. Looks like a really nice place, has a bar and is 7 minutes to La Joliette

I'd booked a refundable hotel for £90 about 25 minute walk north of St Charles Station and then another 20 back down to La Joliette. (Metro also available)

I get to Marseille for 2.45 and want to spend as much time in the thick of it as possible.

Saw a studio on booking.com yesterday which is right in between the station and La Joliette. Looks grim from the outside on Google Street View but pictures of the inside look alright. Booked that instead for £55 as literally just need a bed for the night and nothing more.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Four of us booked on that coach at 11pm from Marseille to Nice as well.
If we don't make that coach, happy to share taxi's and minibuses back to Nice. With you @Jovis as well.
Do you know whether the FlixBus tickets are refundable? If they are it might be worth looking into booking a minibus taxi back to Nice Airport, ideally from the stadium if the authorities would permit this.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Does seem to have been a definite pattern with these sales that they go down sharply in the first half hour of a window opening then gradually increase as people presumably drop extra tickets from their baskets. Also noticeable that there has not been any trickle down effect between opening of windows. For instance hardly any sold at all between Friday evening and Monday morning.
As others have mentioned, people weren't confident about getting tickets in the lower tiers so perhaps they backed off booking travel. I was sweating until Tuesday morning, so everyone desperately bought a ticket for the first half hour as quick as they could when their tier opened. I'm sure some extra MyAlbion+ members who didn't register will also look at going when the last window opens up. But yeah, if you haven't booked travel or your hotel by now it'll be really expensive unless (like me) you're coming from somewhere else in Europe.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
I'd booked a refundable hotel for £90 about 25 minute walk north of St Charles Station and then another 20 back down to La Joliette. (Metro also available)

I get to Marseille for 2.45 and want to spend as much time in the thick of it as possible.

Saw a studio on booking.com yesterday which is right in between the station and La Joliette. Looks grim from the outside on Google Street View but pictures of the inside look alright. Booked that instead for £55 as literally just need a bed for the night and nothing more.
Me too. Gone more upmarket in Nice however will probably be at the Marseille one for 6 hours max so went budget

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here