Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marseille v Albion ticketing - allocation and priority windows etc

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
That feels potentially tight.

It sounds like there will be a group of buses that will run shuttles from the stadium back to La Joliette so, if nothing else, you'll want to make sure you're on the first run of buses.

Because of my own plans, I've informally asked Sussex police about being able to "escape" this enforced transport back to La Joliette, and it is currently unknown. It may be we all have no choice about that, even if it would be more convenient to head somewhere close to the stadium on foot.

What's your back-up plan?
I'm staying at the hotel next door to the stadium really could do without getting on the buses. Seemed a good idea at the time

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
As a side note, if any of you are able to get out without going on the buses, the queues getting out of the stadium in itself can be huge. Some friends of mine were at the rugby last week and it was chaos supposedly.

P.S

Jun 23, 2011
Lancing
I'm staying at the hotel next door to the stadium really could do without getting on the buses. Seemed a good idea at the time
We are too and I can't imagine we're the only ones. I would think we should be able to avoid the buses after the game

RenboSlice

Sep 9, 2023
As others have mentioned, people weren't confident about getting tickets in the lower tiers so perhaps they backed off booking travel. I was sweating until Tuesday morning, so everyone desperately bought a ticket for the first half hour as quick as they could when their tier opened. I'm sure some extra MyAlbion+ members who didn't register will also look at going when the last window opens up. But yeah, if you haven't booked travel or your hotel by now it'll be really expensive unless (like me) you're coming from somewhere else in Europe.
Whats wrong with the lower tiers? Its all behind screens and nets anyway

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
I've booked a house on air b n b literally 5 min walk from the stadium so wont be impressed if we're forced onto a bus after the game. Surely a chat with the police (either UK or french) and common sense should prevail.

Tfitz12

Jan 2, 2023
Thinking of getting a flight to carccassone and then getting the train over. Looks fairly cheap.

Failing that, a train from Marne La Valee (Disneyland Paris) to Marseille is £15 compared to the £100 from central paris.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
... Because of my own plans, I've informally asked Sussex police about being able to "escape" this enforced transport back to La Joliette, and it is currently unknown. It may be we all have no choice about that, even if it would be more convenient to head somewhere close to the stadium on foot...
We have booked AirBnB only a few minutes walk from the stadium. I can understand getting into the away fans area before the match may well be an issue, so we may have to go into La Joilette and get the bus; but for after the match this would obviously save a massive ballache for us if it is possible!

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
We have booked AirBnB only a few minutes walk from the stadium. I can understand getting into the away fans area before the match may well be an issue, so we may have to go into La Joilette and get the bus; but for after the match this would obviously save a massive ballache for us if it is possible!
same as you mate. Common sense says this will be fine if you just explain it and show them the booking you have

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I appreciate it’s a new experience for the club (and supporters) but I’m interested to see if we handle the process differently if we advance or qualify again in future seasons.

The gaps between buying windows made it difficult for groups or family’s with different loyalty point levels to feel confident in ticket availability. This probably delayed booking of affordable travel and available options now probably require 2-3 days away from home. That’s a lot to ask with family and work commitments. I also think offering just 5 loyalty points has been a factor. I’m certain that making it 15 points would have influenced many who have Ajax away as a priority.
I totally agree with your comment about family/groups with different points affecting sales but i am not sure how the club could have done anything about it. They did ask people to preregister in order to establish a rough quantity and then set up the initial guaranteed ticket groups on that information. They were not to know and were probably as surprised as i was when less than half of that top group actually purchased tickets.
Regarding your comment about points i do not agree. I made up my mind as soon as we qualified for the Europa league that i was going to be at our first ever competitive games both home and away and i can honestly say whether i would get points and how many was the last thing on my mind! You almost seem to be suggesting that the club should have held fans to ransom by indicating that there would be more chance of going to Ajax if you also went to Marseille. If they had indeed wanted to do that a far better way would have been to add a letter m to your loyalty points and say that for Ajax in each points window those with an m would have a 10 or 20 minute head start on those who did not. As it turns out anyway the points awarded for Marseille will have no bearing at all on your chances of an Ajax ticket or Athens ticket as when you preregister for those your points will be frozen as the preregistration closes.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
I'm not expecting much common sense to be in evidence. :nono:
Darren balkham and co will be there i believe. Wonder if he can answer this in advance.....

Does anyone on here have an open line of communication with him etc?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Darren balkham and co will be there i believe. Wonder if he can answer this in advance.....

Does anyone on here have an open line of communication with him etc?
Yes I do.

It's who I asked, leading me to make the posts I have on here.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And what did he say mate?

Doesnt know etc??
In short...

He can't give any clear guidance on post-match, as they take away fans under the stadium, both in and out. Whilst he will see what he can do, it will very much be dictated by events on the night. He will be tweeting information throughout the evening, so keep an eye on that if you can.

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
In short...

He can't give any clear guidance on post-match, as they take away fans under the stadium, both in and out. Whilst he will see what he can do, it will very much be dictated by events on the night. He will be tweeting information throughout the evening, so keep an eye on that if you can.
Fair!

If we do get shipped back out to the pick up again it's not the end of the world.

Might have to try and get stealth like to get away from the sheep herding at the end.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
The club have now withdrawn from sale most of the tickets that were left in the rear of the upper 2 blocks R and Q some 150 or thereabouts. Presumably realising they were not going to sell anyway.

Bhafc17

Oct 26, 2022
As others have mentioned, people weren't confident about getting tickets in the lower tiers so perhaps they backed off booking travel. I was sweating until Tuesday morning, so everyone desperately bought a ticket for the first half hour as quick as they could when their tier opened. I'm sure some extra MyAlbion+ members who didn't register will also look at going when the last window opens up. But yeah, if you haven't booked travel or your hotel by now it'll be really expensive unless (like me) you're coming from somewhere else in Europe.
I’ve seen there are still quite a few tickets for Block B? I thought that would be more popular any reasons as to why the lower tiers are selling slower?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here