Mark Lawrenson - the truth will out...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
My favourite was in the 2006 World Cup group game against Paraguay when their centre half, Gamarra, backheaded Beckham's free kick past his own goalkeeper. Motty: 'Ooh, do you think there was the suspicion of an own goal there, Mark?'

You know what really bugs me with Motty?

It's that chuckle. That irritating little chortle he does mid speech when he thinks he might be saying something deeply controversial.

"Well, you'd have to say, Mark, that <chuckle>, it does very much appear as though Suarez may be guilty of <chuckle> what UEFA label simulation to a degree there, I fancy"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
[/B]

Last Saturday I had to do the washing up to a Rugby match commentary on 5Live. There was the commentator who's name escapes me and an "Expert " in the form of Brian Moore. Well. if you think Green is a moaner listen to Moore. At every break in play he said along the lines of.....

I don't know what he was trying to do there.

He chose the wrong option there.

I don't know why he did that and got penalised

I don't know why he did not get penalised then.

-------- are doing this totally wrong.

Ad infinitum.. so either Brian Moore does not understand Rugby anymore or he is an Olympic standard moaner.

You are not wrong about Moore. He is a thoroughly miserable prick. However, Alan Green doesn't just moan about the actual football - he will moan about EVERYTHING. The game is dull. The players are shit. The weather is terrible. Nobody has brought him a cup of tea at half time. The hotel isn't up to much. That's why people hate him - he's got millions of people's dream job, and he whines on as though he hates every minute of it. :shutup:

You know what really bugs me with Motty?

It's that chuckle. That irritating little chortle he does mid speech when he thinks he might be saying something deeply controversial.

"Well, you'd have to say, Mark, that <chuckle>, it does very much appear as though Suarez may be guilty of <chuckle> what UEFA label simulation to a degree there, I fancy"

Beautifully observed ma-am. :clap2:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Motty is of his era: he now sounds like one of those commentators you'd expect to hear in a Roy of the Rovers cartoon from 1981.

I'm sure he's something of a national treasure etc, but he's long since become a <chuckle> caricature of himself.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I heard Manish would be sharing MOTD duties with Lineker next season and Rishi Persad would be heading a new tactics room with cutting edge technology (ala MNF on Sky) with a leading ex-pro (Claridge, Mills, Bright, Crooks) on the main game each week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Time Lawro went walkies maybe :wave:

testa3.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Motty is of his era: he now sounds like one of those commentators you'd expect to hear in a Roy of the Rovers cartoon from 1981.

I'm sure he's something of a national treasure etc, but he's long since become a <chuckle> caricature of himself.

Not Arf Smashy !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
"Jeremy Forest was bang out of line. He was in a position of trust, and the girl was just 15 years old. And he's married -poor wife" [MENTION=2125]dougdeep[/MENTION] declares it was true love and he's done nothing wrong.

What the fuk are you on about?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
My personal hatred is for Alan Green. Every game he watches he moans about. The referee. The conditions. The game itself. It's a great job commentating on football, I want to have someone who respects that. I also can't stand his cock sure arrogance that he is always right. His insistence that Joe Cole should be playing in the last World cup as an example. He went on and on and on about how cole was in HIS team. Sorry Alan but your opinion counts for nothing even if you think you are oracle.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
The Beeb should give Lineker the Spanish archer and try to poach Geoff Stelling. The other shower of ex Liverpool defenders can do one as well.

At least Brighty has stayed in the lower leagues of punditry. Now there is a prat of the highest order. Grinning like a child rapist caught in the act.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports