Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Bright

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mark Chapman So new stadium, new crest. Brighty, I watched that and thought; lots of good ideas, that looks like a great stadium to go and visit and you were so cynical while we were watching that...

Mark Bright Because, Martin Perry saying "Look at the away end," It's not about the away end and the away fans, treating them to a nice day out. Just make sure they've got good facilities.

MC But it makes good business sense, business wise it works.

MB But is it though? The mascot has got its own changing room for crying out loud. What is that all about?

MC They're just making sure everything is covered. It is a modern way of running a football ground.

MB They [the away fans] want to feel like they're going to an away ground. Pictures up around of their local heroes? No. They want to feel like they're going to get behind their team. Maybe it's psychological? Make them relax? Don't start to boo or cheer. Maybe that's the way they are planning it?

Thanks for the transcript.
It perfectly reinforces just what an utter TIT Bright was being. Makes you wonder what he was saying off-camera while he was watching it.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Thanks for the transcript.
It perfectly reinforces just what an utter TIT Bright was being. Makes you wonder what he was saying off-camera while he was watching it.
Probably crying into his Palace scarf.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Er, he DID say we're a great team, what more do you want for f***'s sake? Everything about the stadium was quite clearly tongue-in-cheek. What a precious bunch you are.

Yep. He was clearly trying to be "provocative" for the sake of it. A bit of banter in that irritatingly chummy way the BBC seem to foster among their pundits. Not to be taken seriously really - and he was very complimentary about the team.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wow. Some people seem to take things so personally.

I thought it was a legitimate point to raise. Will making it a great day out for away fans, will encouraging more away fans to show up, make it better/noisier for their team, thus causing our opponents to perform better than they would otherwise?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
He's a cock, nothing more to say or see move on please

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Wow. Some people seem to take things so personally.

I thought it was a legitimate point to raise. Will making it a great day out for away fans, will encouraging more away fans to show up, make it better/noisier for their team, thus causing our opponents to perform better than they would otherwise?

I don't think looking after the away fans will do anything other than enhance our reputation as a good day out, which I think is no bad thing. Surely we'd like there to be full houses for as many games as possible. As an away fan I prefer to be treated well, so I do not see why we cannot extend the courtesy too.

As for the opposition raising their game, most of our potential championship opponents will be used to playing in decent stadia, so I would be surprised if it has that much of an effect on them. Whether it has an effect on us remains to be seen.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Having the concourse lit in the away teams colours won't make a BLIND bit of difference to how much noise they make or don't make at the game. Would Albion fans have been any noiser or docile at MK Dongs if the concourses were blue with pics of Peter Ward ?

Bright is a f***ing BONEHEAD.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think looking after the away fans will do anything other than enhance our reputation as a good day out, which I think is no bad thing. Surely we'd like there to be full houses for as many games as possible. As an away fan I prefer to be treated well, so I do not see why we cannot extend the courtesy too.

As for the opposition raising their game, most of our potential championship opponents will be used to playing in decent stadia, so I would be surprised if it has that much of an effect on them. Whether it has an effect on us remains to be seen.

I'm not saying he's right, just that it's a legitimate point to raise. It may be good for business, but is it good for success on the pitch?

Do you find that you sing more when you're enjoying yourself more? Aren't you more likely to enjoy yourself in a stadium that takes care of you? Ergo, aren't away fans going to be more inclined to make a lot of noise in support of their team than they would if the ground wasn't so much fun for them?

Don't teams perform better when their fans are in voice?

So it follows that if we make it a fun day out the fans will be in better spirits, this will lead to them singing more, making more noise in support of their team, who raise their game in response to the fans' support (not because of the quality of the stadium).

Sure, the more away fans, the more money for the club, but if that leads to us struggling at the wrong end of the table, is it worth it?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looking at examples of teams that have moved into new stadia in recent years, the move seems to benefit the home team, not disadvantage them.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm not saying he's right, just that it's a legitimate point to raise. It may be good for business, but is it good for success on the pitch?

Do you find that you sing more when you're enjoying yourself more? Aren't you more likely to enjoy yourself in a stadium that takes care of you? Ergo, aren't away fans going to be more inclined to make a lot of noise in support of their team than they would if the ground wasn't so much fun for them?

Don't teams perform better when their fans are in voice?

So it follows that if we make it a fun day out the fans will be in better spirits, this will lead to them singing more, making more noise in support of their team, who raise their game in response to the fans' support (not because of the quality of the stadium).

Sure, the more away fans, the more money for the club, but if that leads to us struggling at the wrong end of the table, is it worth it?

I'm not entirely sure how much of a difference it makes really. I would also like to think that our new surroundings will help our fans to raise their game too, thus cancelling out the performance of the away fans.

Let's face it the away fans will be loud anyway, there's a roof and room for enough to make a racket, I doubt the backstage arrangements will give them that much of a boost.
Overall I think the away end idea is a nice touch. We should be the ones making it an uncomfortable place for the opposition not the building, so we'd better get singing!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
From my opening thread I still find it woeful that after such good footage of the ground and the club that the pundit (Mark Bright) should try to find negatives when the footage was so clearly positve. After all these years of struggle at the Withdean and light at the end of the tunnell you get some smart arsed comments from someone who should know better. To say that was tongue in cheek is total cobblers as I find Mark Bright to be wooden and totally uninformed.

What ever next we wont win any Olympic golds because we have such a great stadium and home advantage, the same could be said for England and Wembley or any new stadium.

Maybe because he's ex-Palarce twat I did look at him and think who the f*ck are you to criticise.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Another home defeat today then Gus. What went wrong ?"

"Well, ees complicated. But de lighting in de away ends it make the travelling fans very happy, so you know, they making a lotta noise from de start. Ees helping their team keep da bull, dey keep da bull better dan us, you keeping da bull you score de gols".

"The third was the killer goal wasn't it Gus, were you disappointed with the marking there ?"

"I'm no happy weeth it, but what can I say ? Da away fans they are seenging, they seeing all da lights in their colors, they haf good time...look, ees not my choice, but eef we want to go forward as a fubull club, we need to turn out dose lights, ees holding us back now innit".

"Thanks Gus"

"Thanks"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here