Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marcus Rashford abuse on social media.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Reports today that Rashford is willing to leave Old Trafford if he doesn't receive sufficient guarantees from new manager Eric Ten Haag that he is central to his plans. I know it's a massive long shot but he would be an incredible signing for us, sure Welbz could put a good word in as a former homegrown Unitedite about what a good club we are to play for.

Poor season, but he is still a fantastically talented 24 year old - he would be an amazing signing for us. Unfortunately, it's unrealistic as there are plenty of bigger clubs with deeper pockets who'd be prepared to pay him far more than we can afford.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Is he really trying to force the new manager to guarantee that he is central to the new manager's plans? Really?

If the manager has looked at his efforts for past 18 months, he wouldn't guarantee him a job as a ballboy. He has been pony. Maybe focussing on the great other stuff he has done has affected his game. I think he would be great in politics; he does seem to be better at that than at football in recent times.

He will get far better offers than from us for sure and I'm not sure that's a bad thing.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Poor season, but he is still a fantastically talented 24 year old - he would be an amazing signing for us. Unfortunately, it's unrealistic as there are plenty of bigger clubs with deeper pockets who'd be prepared to pay him far more than we can afford.

Sadly I tend to agree with you, particularly permanently. I think our best chance is if United still see him as having a future at the theatre of dreams but feel he needs a kick start so loan him out for a season, a well run club like ourselves who are looking to play the right way and not be in a relegation scrap but not serious rivals to United towards the top of the table would seem to be a good option then.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Rashford would be ridiculously expensive, both transfer fee and wages. There will be plenty of offers for him, if United sell. There's no way in a million years that we'd either be interested or able to pay. Far more important to get Trossard on a new contract (which will no doubt cost a bit). And there's also no way we'd be interested in Lingard - although out of contract, he will no doubt demand a huge "signing on fee", and wages which are way out of line with our policy. Plus, he's approaching 30 so there would be next to no sell on value in a few years.
We have spent £6m on Undav.....that's the market we are in!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Footballing-wise it would be a great move for Rashford, but in this day and age he and his agent will be more focussed on ££££££££££££££.

Not coming here - unless in the unlikely event of United loaning him out with not too much of a loan fee and paying most of his wages. So..............not coming here!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As I'm not allowed to start new threads, this'll do.

Should the Albion attempt to save the lad?

Clearly needs some lovin
Clearly needs some support.
Clearly needs managing.

Clearly not going to get any of that at Old Trafford.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Clearly needs some lovin
Clearly needs managing.

No, why would we pay that wage bill for a very average player ? We need footballers, not celebrities. More of what we are doing not attempts to become Man Utd.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Clearly needs some lovin
Clearly needs managing.

I'd love him here, and think he'd quickly get back to his best away from that freakshow of a club. But it ain't ever gonna happen because he is reportedly earning £200k a week.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As I said in my edit we are all about the team. Rashford is a part of Man U’s media circus. Too big a distraction to our team ethic.

It would never happen because of the money, but I think Rashford is a decent enough bloke both to fit in and to be improved by GP.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'd love him here, and think he'd quickly get back to his best away from that freakshow of a club. But it ain't ever gonna happen because he is reportedly earning £200k a week.

Like Dele Ali, that salary has ruined him. He doesn’t seem like he wants it anymore. He looked awful yesterday.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
As I said in my edit we are all about the team. Rashford is a part of Man U’s media circus. Too big a distraction to our team ethic.

Apart from his school dinners campaign he keeps himself to himself, so he wouldn’t be the distraction you claim. He certainly needs a move as do few others. He would do very well under GP but wages would be way to high.

The problem with United was IMHO, Pogba who is toxic as hell. Adding Ronaldo to the mix was suicide …
Oh and their defensive is truly shocking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Yesterday I heard Man U had had a bid turned down for Marko Anautovic.

This is their problem and I cannot believe they haven't realised this yet.

Stop recruiting forwards and attacking midfielders so that another top player has to sit on the bench and poison the dressing room.

Buy replacements for McTominey and Fred and decent defenders.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Stop recruiting forwards and attacking midfielders so that another top player has to sit on the bench and poison the dressing room.

Or buy Christian Eriksen and play him up front!

The club is total chaos . . . and long may it continue.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

That's not even the biggest problem with Arnautovic. It's more like: "Stop buying expensively remunerated players with bad attitudes and a history of disrupting a dressing room"

If Arnautovic is the answer, what the hell is the question?!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That's not even the biggest problem with Arnautovic. It's more like: "Stop buying expensively remunerated players with bad attitudes and a history of disrupting a dressing room"

A player who's ambition was a move to Shanghai SIPG. The clubs structure is shot

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Like Dele Ali, that salary has ruined him. He doesn’t seem like he wants it anymore. He looked awful yesterday.

Bit harsh to compare him to Deli Ali. Their attitudes are quite different imho.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I feel like Rashford was pocketed by Veltman who had every answer to every question Rashford wanted to ask him. If Rashford had been given more opportunity to run with space in behind him, maybe Veltman would have struggled. But the way our team is set up really highlights the strengths of our side, the combination of Veltman and March on the right really worked well.

How can we make this situation even worse?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here