Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
FIFA has his pace as 81, which is a decent number given that Lamptey is 84. How rapid is he in real life?

You sound like my 14 year old son.... FIFa ratings... i hate them.... can i judge with my own eyes before someone tells me he is rapid or not hehe

He can move pretty well for sure, I can see that in his youtube clips if this helps ;-)

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Whats not to like, spanish International fullback to follow in the footsteps of Bruno & Calderon with flairtastic hair he is a hero already.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
FIFA has his pace as 81, which is a decent number given that Lamptey is 84. How rapid is he in real life?

I watched the Olympic final and his pace is quite rapid. Unless I saw him in a head to head race alongside Lamptey, I can't give a definitive answer.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I watched the Olympic final and his pace is quite rapid. Unless I saw him in a head to head race alongside Lamptey, I can't give a definitive answer.

Given that Lamptey is literally the fastest professional player in the world (literally used in the correct sense here), I would;dn't hold it against Cucurella if he was beaten in a 30 yard sprint.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Given that Lamptey is literally the fastest professional player in the world (literally used in the correct sense here), I would;dn't hold it against Cucurella if he was beaten in a 30 yard sprint.

Hopefully Tariq's injury hasn't affected his pace.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just watched one of his hype video compilations on YouTube. Does look lightning fast.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Mrs Nose - who knows little to nothing about football, said upon seeing this picture : "Oh.. who's that? Oh yes, it's Borat!! Is he doing a new film about football then?" :facepalm:

Marc-Cucurella.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
the Guardian have an article summing up the key signings in the window:

This is what they have to say about Cucu:

Marc Cucurella: Getafe to Brighton

Brighton have put the money used from the £50m sale of Ben White to good use. The Seagulls bolstered their midfield by signing Enock Mwepu from RB Salzburg and, in Marc Cucurella, they now have the perfect wing-back to make their three-man defensive system work. His return of 84 key passes from open play was the sixth best in La Liga over the last two seasons. The 23-year-old is an exciting addition to a Brighton team that has started the campaign strongly. Crucially, the arrival of the Spaniard from Getafe means Graham Potter will not have to play Pascal Gross or Jakub Moder out of position.

From here:

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal.../premier-league-transfers-deadline-day-window

Nondescript Nick

May 19, 2017
Whats not to like, spanish International fullback to follow in the footsteps of Bruno & Calderon with flairtastic hair he is a hero already.

Although technically correct, it's a bit of a stretch to describe him as a 'Spanish International'.

I do hope we're not getting carried away with irrelevant, fanciful exotic descriptions of a player rather than focusing on more pertinent concerns such as the actual possibility he will make an impact in the PL, unlike for instance 'The Iranian Pogba'....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here