Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure Tony would pay £15m+ for backup.

That's the going rate for back ups in the PL I guess - no point in buying a back up player who just isn't good enough to play in the first team. Anyway, competition will keep Solly on his toes!
We're paying seven figure sums for additions to our youth teams these days!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've only seen reference to 10% but even if you are right and Barca stand to get 8 million out of it, it will help but is still a long way from big news at Barcelona.

I'm changing my mind back and forth on this deal (whether true or not) the post further up from [MENTION=33845]Johnny RoastBeef[/MENTION] makes far more sense than the player paying their own release clause, in which case the leak could quite easily be just an office junior at the Spanish FA.

So now i reckon Brighton, Getafe, Cucurella and his agent will all say nothing until the deal is done, journalists will say plenty, that's their job.

Ah yes they mentioned 8 million euros….and also said it would pay Anton Griesman’s wages for a couple of months :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Something to whet the appetite.

https://youtu.be/8FGHsdAwZ1k

His acceleration and first touch remind me a little of Bissouma (not quite that level). Plenty of pace and produces some nice deliveries. Loves to drive the ball forward quickly, either with a smart pass or by dribbling with his great pace. Seems to excel at the nigh press stealing possession on a number of occasions.

This is not in the bag but no harm another watch.

Looking at that showreel, that team looks worse than we were at finishing last season !

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
He's strong competition for a place. If we want to be top ten we need a full squad of decent players. Not square pegs in round holes.
We have come a long long way. This is a good signing but not necessarily a guaranteed first team starter, and that's a tribute to how good March is.
Let's be fair, would we be able to sign another Solly March for £15M? I reckon probably not.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Do we still have backups?

Seems a squad game these days with injuries , drop in form and rotation .

We need better quality at LWB if March gets injured , needs a rest or has a few stinkers

It’s the same in every position .

Take Duffy, I reckon he only started as Veltman was out , but now it’s down to Veltman to dislodge him .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm not sure Tony would pay £15m+ for backup.

I'm not sure the club see these kind of signings as backup.
We need two players equally capable of playing to the required standard for every position.

In this case both players can also cover multiple other positions too.

Edit: ^^ what he said ^^

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Hope not - March is excellent at LWB for us. Cucurella as back up, and as LB when we want to go to a flat back four perhaps?

There’s no way he is going to be back up. Will be a first team starter. Very good signing for us.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Having missed out on Cucu, Burnley are making their move elsewhere:

“BURNLEY MAKE CORNET BID

Burnley have today made a £15m offer for Lyon left-back Maxwel Cornet

It would be club record fee, paid in five instalments” Sky Sports

Maybe we should bid £16 million to Trumpet???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
No way is he going to oust March either, unless March gets injured or loses form dramatically. Cucurella will have to earn a place - and that is not a given.

Suspect March will move to the right - at least until Lamptey is back.
March could also play further forward.
Cucarella is a superb footballer - I REALLY hope we get this one over the line

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here