Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Excellent performance. Offers a huge amount going forward. If I was being hyper-critical then he was probably too close to Pereria for Leicester's goal and was beaten on the chase, but it was a very good goal. So good to have a left footed player on the left; no more having to cut in and slow down play - who knew!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, it's because he's Spanish. They all eat late. It's cultural.

Although it's not really late at all, especially for a Spaniard, but then I suspect he didn't get his siesta in what with the kick off time and everything.

:moo:

Cucurella calls that lunch.

Dinner will be with Sanchez, Bruno and their wives at Tinto Taperia 11pm this evening.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Cucu looks very promising (though not quite a pretty bird). The Computer, though, has got some work to do to get up to speed in PL - turn off, and turn on again?
He was absolutely dreadful when he came on. I will reserve judgement as it's very early days for him but he was so off the pace it was almost embarrassing. Could of quite easily lost us the game. Needs to improve but i'm sure he will over time.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Looked superb today.

Bit rapid ain't he? ???

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Such an important signing for us, might not be a popular opinion but for me sign MC was more important than an attacker. Gives us genuine balance and looks a baller; with Lamptey on the other side, that's some thread down both flanks! Allows us to attack with pace giving the front line more room to work.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Chris done good.

Here he is with Shane Duffy after the game.

cry.jpg

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Cucu was great today, once Lamptey is back teams will worry about us more

We saw how hard we are to play against with pace on both wings today. March on one side and Cucu on the other. The oppo defence can't double up on the one speedster, they have to cover both so they drop wider and deeper - which makes them more vulnerable down the middle. Swap Lamptey for March freeing March up as cover for either side ........ exciting times ahead.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Signing Cucurella and having Lamptey back fit is going to be such a plus for us. The Everton game was a prime example of not having that width and overlapping runs.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Nice description in The Guardian today…

"The artfully bearded Spaniard will not look out of place in the voguish coffee shops of Brighton; in a division stocked full of top-class full-backs, he already seems right at home."

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
No idea what random Potter position Solly was in today - but he was great at it too. Solly / Tariq / Cucu all fit will be exciting

Yeh mate. If all are fit, that's going to be a proper selection dilemma.

You sense that Tariq will be used sparingly for a good while yet I suppose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here