Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Reports from Spain saying this deal is very unlikely now.

The supposed release fee of €18m is now being reported as €30m.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/i-think-good-brighton-noticed-manager-talks-seagulls-chase-player/

Ironically these are reports from Spain via a British based site quoting in full an interview by Brian Owen from the Argus outside the Amex with the Getafe manager after the game on Saturday. Not new quotes.

Brian wrote today "The expectation among many who follow Getafe closely appears to be that Cucurella will end the month as an Albion player."
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19503168.brighton-target-marc-cucurella-back-training-getafe/

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm surprised Spanish clubs are holding out for such high amounts when they're all meant to be broke?

Can you blame them for trying to play hard ball with a club who have just trousered 50 million? As we all know TB will walk away if he doesn’t like the rising price. I can see this transfer falling through.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Can you blame them for trying to play hard ball with a club who have just trousered 50 million? As we all know TB will walk away if he doesn’t like the rising price. I can see this transfer falling through.

No but i think this is just poor reporting. Multiple outlets all summer have said his release clause is £15m/18m Euros. It either is or it isn't.
They can't have just upped it cos Ben White has joined Arsenal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No but i think this is just poor reporting. Multiple outlets all summer have said his release clause is £15m/18m Euros. It either is or it isn't.
They can't have just upped it cos Ben White has joined Arsenal.

I have lived in Spain, and yes I can believe they would :wink:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I’m surprised the price hasn’t dived quite frankly :whistle:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Might be the LB solution when we are playng a flat back four (March as LWB when we are going three at the back)?

But 30M euros? **** off!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We do seem to be struggling to get some of these deals over the line. I wonder what’s changed ?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
We do seem to be struggling to get some of these deals over the line. I wonder what’s changed ?

Its worse then that. This has been an absolute disaster of a transfer window, a real calamity. We are weaker going into this season then what we finished last season and the season starts Saturday.

A real shame, all that pre season enthusiasm has just evaporated.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Ironically these are reports from Spain via a British based site quoting in full an interview by Brian Owen from the Argus outside the Amex with the Getafe manager after the game on Saturday. Not new quotes.

Brian wrote today "The expectation among many who follow Getafe closely appears to be that Cucurella will end the month as an Albion player."
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19503168.brighton-target-marc-cucurella-back-training-getafe/

In that interview the Getafe manager said “I sincerely believe Marc will stay with us".

Might be brinkmanship but it is odd that there are conflciting reports about the release fee.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Its worse then that. This has been an absolute disaster of a transfer window, a real calamity. We are weaker going into this season then what we finished last season and the season starts Saturday.

Lucky the transfer window isn't closed yet then...

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London

God our fan base is fickle. Just grow the hell up and have some patience. That is embarrassing. Entitlement pours through your veins.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Bollocks!

(Sorry, but I do have a right to express an opinion.)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here