Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/marc-cucurella.355308/page-160

Funny seeing Man city fans getting irate we are not giving them the respect they think they deserve.

Another dumb ass comment

"Always seems we get held to ransom by some clubs Brighton apparently wanting £50 mill plus yet surprisingly sell bissouma to spurs for around £25mill without a problem which seems low .."

held to ransom, oh I am sorry 30 million sure, thank you so much....

25+ million for a player with less than 12 months on his contract and Sadio Mane went for 27million with add on's.

They have not got a grasp on it have they.
Arrogant feckwits.

And then I read this.

"Been dropping into North Stand Chat from time to time. To be fair, I don't really see a lot of bile, not compared to some other forums (and Watford this season, inexplicably, took the biscuit on that count). A lot of the posts are pretty stoical about it, along the lines of “Well, if City and Pep come calling, can you really blame Cucurella?” Shrewdly, some of them are picking up on the World Cup factor, as well. However, a lot of them reckon that he is worth the £50 mill or so.
You know what? They may be right."

Ok they are like us on here, not all feckwits, but they do have some, this person seems ok.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
"Simple mode there is a lot of glory hunters in Brighton"

Glory hunters.....
WTF !!

Are they for real ?

They have really lost touch with reality haven't they...

Brighton be there second club for some supporters there be Arsenal scousers and rag fans down there why the response is like those fans

They're not saying people are following Brighton for glory, they're (rightly) saying a lot of our fans follow us a second team and are big 6 supporters first.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lol.

It's really, really simple.

Pay the price, get the player.

Up to now, Bluemoon's been pretty reasonable; no doubt some of them remember when they were scrabbling around in the lower divisions, along with us. But of course,like every club they've got some tw@ts, who have turned up this morning.
Of course we understand that Cucurella will want to improve his career (and bank balance) by going to City - and if and when City pay the price he'll go with our (admittedly tinged with regret) blessing. Intelligent City fans will see that they got Phillips in a straightforward no-hassle way, because they paid the price that was needed. They just need to explain it to their less knowledgable brethren that the same will apply to Cucurella.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s really simple, this one. £60 mill plus and he’s gone. They paid £52 mill in a low inflation economy for a guy who spent much of last season on remand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Up to now, Bluemoon's been pretty reasonable; no doubt some of them remember when they were scrabbling around in the lower divisions, along with us. But of course,like every club they've got some tw@ts, who have turned up this morning.
Of course we understand that Cucurella will want to improve his career (and bank balance) by going to City - and if and when City pay the price he'll go with our (admittedly tinged with regret) blessing. Intelligent City fans will see that they got Phillips in a straightforward no-hassle way, because they paid the price that was needed. They just need to explain it to their less knowledgable brethren that the same will apply to Cucurella.

Agreed. This is 'pocket money to them'. If they just want to buy the title again then at least pay the going rate and that's £60m plus in this case.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
If they wanted Cucurella so badly, why didn't they buy him last summer before he came to us?

Just seems we did our homework first.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
They can have the recruitment team, but they won't get the jewel in that particular crown: which is Bloom's database, algorithms, or whatever the right term is to describe his computer model.

True, but unless TB also has a Men In Black-style brain-wiping device to be used when they leave, they will have a very good idea of the players were are looking at now with a view to buying in 2 or 3, perhaps even 5 or 6 years' time. Which is why Ashworth jumping ship to a moneybags rival is probably the biggest setback of all.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
True, but unless TB also has a Men In Black-style brain-wiping device to be used when they leave, they will have a very good idea of the players were are looking at now with a view to buying in 2 or 3, perhaps even 5 or 6 years' time. Which is why Ashworth jumping ship to a moneybags rival is probably the biggest setback of all.
Newcastle will be mostly fishing in a different pool of players - ones we rule out because of cost.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They're not saying people are following Brighton for glory, they're (rightly) saying a lot of our fans follow us a second team and are big 6 supporters first.

A lot? More like a few imo

I imagine there are a few Manchester based football fans who go to watch City but actually support a different club miles from there too

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If they wanted Cucurella so badly, why didn't they buy him last summer before he came to us?

He was more of a gamble last summer. Man City don't need to gamble as much as we do - they mainly buy further finished articles at Cucurella's age.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Because he wasn’t proven in the PL, we took the gamble, now they can pay the price :smile:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/marc-cucurella.355308/page-160

Funny seeing Man city fans getting irate we are not giving them the respect they think they deserve.

Ooh, is this going to be like Leeds two years ago? That was pretty fun at times. Fans of one club quoting fans of the other and vice versa, both claiming the others are delusional nob heads(although to be fair, the Leeds fans really were).

If any lurking City fans would be so kind and explain what a rag is? Dipper is obviously Liverpool so I assume a rag is united. But why?

Also, no one is losing their shit about losing Cucurella. We all know that if you pay the right price he'll be gone. You just have to pay the right price.

And based on Cucurella being a key player for us with four years still on his contract, a first team signing for you who might help you finally stop shitting the bed in Europe, and you've (more or less)spent the following on your current defenders:

Ake 41m
Stones 50m
Walker 50m
Mendy 52m
Laporte 57m
Dias 61m
Cancelo60m

you can maybe understand why we think 30m is a little under baked.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
He was more of a gamble last summer. Man City don't need to gamble as much as we do - they mainly buy further finished articles at Cucurella's age.

Yeah, I was being rhetorical in my statement.

I agree though that now he's proven himself at this level Citeh just have to pay the price. It's hardly like they don't have a few quid and have never shown any interest in sticking to FFP rules, effectively sticking 2 fingers up to the football authorities. Maybe they could let us have Haaland in part exchange?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just had a nose at the Blue Moon site. Jesus, what a bunch of self entitled twats. Bloom will have his price and if they want him they have to pay it. I don't want him to go but I'm not going to lose any sleep if he does.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here