[Albion] Marc Cucurella *Signed For Chelsea 05/08/2022*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Phillips is a very average, 26 year old midfielder. I’ve never thought wow he’s making that centre midfield tick or isn’t he great at protecting the defence, either for England or Leeds. I do look out for players in that role.

Can only think that Guardiola was compelled to add a HGP.

Bissouma, Rodri, Fabinho, Henderson, Rice, Caicedo, Kante, Jorginho are all light years ahead in that position.

No doubt he’ll win medals now. Due to Haaland, De Bruyne, Laporte and Gundogan, not due to the addition of Phillips.

The DM role can be played in so many different ways depending on what the manager wants. Phillips may be an average midfielder, however, he is excellent at playing long range passes so if thats what you want then he is a good midfielder. If you want someone to protect the back four and win tackles then Bissouma is your man. Horses for courses

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If they sell Sterling, they will need to add another HGP to their squad.

No they don't. They named a 19 man squad after the January transfer window. That squad was made up of 6 HGP's and 13 Non HGP's they've still got scope for 4 more non HGP's before they hit the maximum of 17. That's assuming they don't sell anyone from the squad, with Jesus looking like he'll be on the move they've got plenty of scope for additions to the 25 man squad HGP or not.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Indeed.

The worst thing would be to gain a reputation as a club which easily folds when a rich club comes along low balling the fee for a player.

All City have to do is pump some more barrels so let them pump.

The price is the price. We shouldn't negotiate on a deal we are not particularly wanting anyway. Cash, not some dodgy makeweight fee lowering.

Exactly. If City ask (and there is absolutely no hard evidence that I've seen anywhere that they're even interested), then tell them your highest price, add a few percent, some add-ons - oh, and demand one of their best youth team players as well.

If Cucurella hands in a written transfer request, that's slightly different. But the price remains the price.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Call me biased but I have seen nothing from Philips that makes me think he’s an International quality player :shrug:

If this true I don’t see him fitting in with City’s style at all either

Not that this has anything to do with Cucurella who sadly looks like a City style player

£42m for Phillips or £30m-odd for Bissouma. Know which I’d prefer…

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
6817cb755c7b1b779947985d2859362e.jpg

Looks like I was wrong Marc, certainly likes the Philips transfer news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Is the one of the players I think is vital for our progression and really hope he stays! He puts in a perfect shift most games and probably my favourite Albion player. Really think letting him go even at 50 mil would be a mistake long term. Get him on another 5 year contract. As much as I like the the guy, I would rather let Trossard go. Getting rid of Cucurella would be a huge mistake and a big step backwards to what we are building towards.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yeah, looks like he has definitely all but gone now. Real shame. Wonder what the fee is, and who is lined up to replace him...

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Not a great look. Think he could be gone. Recruitment needs to be good this summer as we are currently weaker with the departures. Cucu was transformative in our forward play and will leave a massive gap.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is the one of the players I think is vital for our progression and really hope he stays! He puts in a perfect shift most games and probably my favourite Albion player. Really think letting him go even at 50 mil would be a mistake long term. Get him on another 5 year contract. As much as I like the the guy, I would rather let Trossard go. Getting rid of Cucurella would be a huge mistake and a big step backwards to what we are building towards.
The Belgium manager has advised his players not to move clubs before the World Cup. Trossard is going nowhere until January at the earliest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports