Jan 3, 2013
Hove
And then there were 5 running Brighton Marathon 2015:

Driver8
El Presidente
Mr Shaun 15
Ninja Elephant
Steve Foster

Are BHA fans the fittest in the country? Or the craziest?

I'm in, first marathon for me, leaving my options open about whether it'll be the last. Reckon I'll really enjoy it but it's been a hell of a slog for the last few months.
There's a few others down to do it on the official running thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Driver8
El Presidente
Mr Shaun 15
Ninja Elephant
Steve Foster

Ah but weekly The Geeks combined will happily cycle from Brighton to Morocco.

Not some piddling 26.2 miles. (he says in jest)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sometimes we have to take temporary traffic lights permanently set to red, out with us, just to cycle through them.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Sometimes we have to take temporary traffic lights permanently set to red, out with us, just to cycle through them.

Personally, I prefer to ignore green lights and wait for the red light before proceeding further. If I can risk my life any further, I will.

Especially when I'm out for a run, I like to run along the road pretending I'm a car. I even make the sounds of an engine motoring along.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Personally, I prefer to ignore green lights and wait for the red light before proceeding further. If I can risk my life any further, I will.

Especially when I'm out for a run, I like to run along the road pretending I'm a car. I even make the sounds of an engine motoring along.

Always safer to run in the road, less likely to get hit by a cyclist

IndianaPaul

Kingdom Of Withdean
Dec 19, 2008
I'll be running the Brighton marathon for the rockinghorse appeal. My first one and hoping for 4hrs30mins

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Driver8
El Presidente
Mr Shaun 15
Ninja Elephant
Steve Foster

Add a knocky1 to that. Plan to do my fourth Brighton in three weeks time. Only set back is that I am sitting with elevated leg with ice on knee after locking a couple of minutes after finishing the Hastings Half 2 hours ago. Those downhills were calling me like sirens and I could not resist them. Already booked in with Sports Injury man and hope to get sorted. Quadricep tendonitis perhaps. Good day out all in all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've trained for 5 marathons but only run 4 as the NYC marathon was cancelled a couple of years ago.

2007 Berlin 3:20
2010 London 3:09
2011 Boston 3:20
2014 NYC 3:08 (PB at 46 years of age)

I'm aiming to complete the Major Series (Berlin, Boston, Chicago, London, NYC and Tokyo) within 2 years. Chicago in 2016 and Tokyo in 2017 hopefully.

Like many I was overweight (14.5 stone) and this was affecting my "active" lifestyle so I started running.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Tony Bloom Deserves mention but he'll have to run behind the minibus as he did not put his name forward.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've trained for 5 marathons but only run 4 as the NYC marathon was cancelled a couple of years ago.

2007 Berlin 3:20
2010 London 3:09
2011 Boston 3:20
2014 NYC 3:08 (PB at 46 years of age)

I'm aiming to complete the Major Series (Berlin, Boston, Chicago, London, NYC and Tokyo) within 2 years. Chicago in 2016 and Tokyo in 2017 hopefully.

Like many I was overweight (14.5 stone) and this was affecting my "active" lifestyle so I started running.

Cracking set of times. Can only dream about such speediness

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cracking set of times. Can only dream about such speediness

Thanks. There's a disproportionate amount of extra training I have to do to go from the 3:20 times to the sub 3:10s. It's definitely a law of diminishing returns.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Wow - we now have a minibus full of BHA NSC Brighton Marathon runners. Any more out there & we'll need a coach :lolol:

dazzer6666
Driver8
El Presidente
Indiana Paul
knocky1
Mr Shaun 15
Ninja Elephant
Simgull
Steve Foster

Can we make double figures?:rave:

I'll be there my 3rd Brighton Marathon.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Wow - we now have a minibus full of BHA NSC Brighton Marathon runners. Any more out there & we'll need a coach :lolol:

dazzer6666
Driver8
El Presidente
Indiana Paul
knocky1
Mr Shaun 15
Ninja Elephant
Simgull
Steve Foster

Can we make double figures?:rave:

Starting to look like the Grand National line up. No refusers or fallers I hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here