Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marathon Thread

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
Hope everyone had a good day and run. It was a bit warmer than I was expecting and I'm now looking rather beetroot. I faded pretty badly and finished in 3:43 (was on for 3:30 at over halfway). Bit disappointed, but can't complain as I hadn't done the training. Despite that had a fantastic day, the support, food (oranges), sweets, drums and music, etc. were superb.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Delighted to come in at 3:29:22. Ran a perfect race and felt strong throughout, although the last 3.5 miles were tough.

Well done to everyone who completed and a big thank you to the volunteers who do a great job. The crowd were superb and the weather brought them out in great numbers which was different to last year which was a bit flat.

Rest, food, beer and wine now.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Just back in, it's hard work this Marathon lark

Handing out Jelly babies, oranges and banging a drum for four hours.

Saw our chairman twice, he finished in under Four hours, fair play Mr Bloom.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
04:19:01 for me. On for under 4 at halfway then fell to pieces. Determined to do better next time.

"Next time". I guess half the runners will be saying "I'll do better" and the other half are saying "never again".

Well done to everyone, including my nephew Ryan who did 4:08:21 (in the Albion stripes).

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I had Eye of the Tiger booming out of my window at the turn around on Franklin road! [emoji125]

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
"Next time". I guess half the runners will be saying "I'll do better" and the other half are saying "never again".

Well done to everyone, including my nephew Ryan who did 4:08:21.

You're not wrong! "Never again" is what I said after my 1st Brighton marathon. Today was my 6th at Brighton. Third fastest time. I'm doing the Eden Project marathon in October. Like the big idiot I am.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
We (Skull Drummery) drummed for 3 hours solid outside Tesco in Church Rd, Hove. A superb day was had by all and although we were absolutely knackered at the end, i'm sure it doesn't go near how tired the runners were.

Super day and thanks to everyone who thanked us and donated to the Teenager Cancer Trust. We'll be back next year.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
You're not wrong! "Never again" is what I said after my 1st Brighton marathon. Today was my 6th at Brighton. Third fastest time. I'm doing the Eden Project marathon in October. Like the big idiot I am.

Maybe I'll cheer you on in October! Do you know the route yet?

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
3:49:23 for me. Absolutely delighted even managed a slight negative split. Felt great until ran up the very minor slope at the Peace Statue with 2k to go which rely hurt.

Fantastic day, thanks to all the organisers volunteers and supporters. Good to see several BHA flags prominent notably in Ovingdean, new church road and the road we turned back in Portslade (St Leonadrds?).

Time for a bath now.

Well done everyone else too.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
3.53 for me, well chuffed after the 50 miler last week. Great event, but hated the paper cups. Daft.

Well done.

Agree about the cups, I carried a camel back but had a couple of cups and either spilt them or choked, also they seemed to be quite a hazard when running through the empties.

By the way we're there any pacers this year, didn't see any?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Well done to everyone, including my nephew Ryan who did 4:08:21 (in the Albion stripes).

I have said never again before but this time I mean it! Halfs only for me from now on.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Dear god that was hard work. First marathon 5:43:36.

Just a little shout of appreciation for anyone who was out and shouted names of runners as we came past, you really have no idea how much that helps, particularly for us slower runners.

Well done everyone who took part

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Kudos to all who took part. I was shattered from just clapping (non stop, for two hours) as the runners passed me at then bottom of Beacon Hill in Ovingdean. So you lot must be utterly exhausted.

Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here