Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
BBC website:

Brighton goalkeeper Jason Steele to Premier League production: "It feels great. A great win. Away at Old Trafford, it is an amazing feeling. We deserved it too, we played with courage, with a big heart and definitely deserved to win.

"We want to play on the front foot, aggressive, United played a bit different to what we expected, so we had to get to grips with that. But after 10-15 minutes we settled down and got a foothold in the game."

On making six changes and still winning: "It doesn't happen in the Premier League very often but we believe it each other. The manager believes in us more importantly. We know how it is going to be this season but we trust him 100%.

"We are a team of good guys who fight for each other and we have a leader in our boss who gives us good information."

On rotating in goal with Bart Verbruggen: "it's different but it is what it is, He's the boss. He changed my life last season, by having trust and faith in me, so whatever he wants from me I'll give him."
I love him.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
From BBC website:

Brighton midfielder Pascal Gross to Premier League productions: "We played a good game, we controlled it really well and deserved to win.

"We needed to organise ourselves a little bit at the start as they played a different shape. But after we figured it out we were better defensively and were in control on the ball, found spaces and were dangerous on the attack."

On his goal: "It was a ball in the box, I thought I could get there, to get a yard with a movement and then hit the target."

On working with manager Roberto De Zerbi: "We all enjoy it. We are really hungry, he is really hungry, everyone tries to get better as a team. We are really lucky to have him and we keep going.

On playing in Europe this week: "Very excited. It's our first European game and hopefully it can be a special night at the Amex in front of or fans. We want to start well in the group."

Redinpeace

Apr 27, 2023
Brilliant performance today from BHA, well deserved, I think Michael Dawson said it best

giphy.gif

Good luck Thursday 👍

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I;m sure I;m late to post this but if so it bears repeating

Brighton Starting X1: Steele £0, Veltman £1m, Van Hecke £2m, Dunk £0, Lamptey £3m, Dahoud £0, Gross £3m, Adringa £8m, Mitoma £3m, Lallana £0, Welbz £0 = TOTAL £20 MILLION
Think you may be overstating Adringra and LAmptey tbh. Think the total is closer to 17.5m

Shame March was crocked otherwise it would have been more like £10m

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi to Sky Sports: "We played a great, great game. We deserved to win, we played well. In the first 15, 20 minutes we suffered a lot because Man United played in a different way than we prepared for but after that we played a great game.

"I think the game was changed when we kept the ball. In that moment their pressure was strong and to keep the ball helped us to control the game and then we have four attackers who are very fast and very good.

"We have to keep our style when we are losing, when we are wining. We can't forget our DNA because the game can change and it's bad when the result can change our style. We are working to not lose our characteristic, our quality and to score more goals. We scored three but had many chances to score again."

On his experience with Brighton: "I must admit I feel I know I'm very lucky to be this coach for this team. it's like I dream because I am enjoying it a lot, enjoying to watch my team playing, showing their quality. It's an honour, I'm proud." :love:

On the Europa League starting: "Thursday will be a historic day for us, the fans, the club, the owner. We want to play well and keep in our head the memory from that day."

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I thought we would miss our 115m man and Ali Mac as well. It shouldn't be possible to beat these elite teams away from home under these circumstances.
Chelsea will be knocking on the door for RDZ soon, I guess:cautious:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here