Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Does anyone have a feeling on what Potter's surprise selection may be tonight?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Alzate replacing Lallana.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Does anyone have a feeling on what Potter's surprise selection may be tonight?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Alexis Mac Allister is a doubt for tonight as he's in Beijing curling for the Swedes.

Screenshot from 2022-02-15 13-37-24.png

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Does anyone know of any good away pubs around old Trafford?

I’d avoid pubs close to the ground. Try somewhere in town instead if you are coming from Piccadilly. Britons Protection is on the Od Trafford side of the City Centre. There will be United fans in there but it’s relatively friendly.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I can’t let myself even consider winning tonight because will be beside myself if we do. 7 points ahead of 10th. That’s nuts. 4 points behind champions league with a game in hand (yes I know arsenal and spurs but meh). If we can win this is will be incredible. Last time I felt like this was before that match at Selhurst and we didn’t show up.

Oh crap I considered winning. Now I need a lie down.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Considering the current media narrative, I'm expecting a 2-0 defeat, Harry Maguire header from a corner and a Ronaldo penalty :moo:

Ronaldo free kick from 35 yards I reckon. Everyone has twigged that he never scored them so it would be very on brand for us to concede one.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I can’t let myself even consider winning tonight because will be beside myself if we do. 7 points ahead of 10th. That’s nuts. 4 points behind champions league with a game in hand (yes I know arsenal and spurs but meh). If we can win this is will be incredible. Last time I felt like this was before that match at Selhurst and we didn’t show up.

Oh crap I considered winning. Now I need a lie down.

I know the feeling. I find a look at the fixture list helps rein in my optimism. Including tonight we have 15 games left which include:
Man Utd (A) and (H)
Liverpool (H)
Man City (A)
Arsenal (A)
Spurs (A) and (H)
Wolves (A)
West Ham (H)

So that's 9 our remaining 15 games against teams currently above us in the table. That's a tough run of fixtures (or lots of opportunities to make up ground on the teams above us!).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Three points would be LOVELY, one point very good, zero points.. always acceptable against United. Nothing to lose here.

Hopefully they keep struggling but the unfortunate reality is that if they have a good day it will be very, very difficult.

Hoping for this eleven:

Sanchez

Veltman, Dunk, Webster

Lamptey, Bissouma, Lallana, Cucurella

Mac Allister

Maupay, Trossard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here