[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
no idea why I have lost a bit of confidence on this one.

Probably because Utd have been really taken to town this week by the media, i expect a strong reaction this time even though i have been expecting that from them for weeks

I think if we can start the game well, stay in it for 30 mins and hopefully get some ball we can start to get the home fans on there backs...

Fingers crossed, I WOULD BLOODY LOVE TO WIN THIS ONE

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
United have to step up their work rate and performance levels or we will be all over this.

Pogba can be imperious but drifts out of games and is reluctant to do the hard yards tracking back.

Ronaldo has cut a frustrated figure during his goal drought and his unwillingness or inability to close down will make it easier for us to impose our possession-based game.

I would like to see Trossard snapping in and around Maguire's lumbering heels.

Best chance ever to win at OT, so sorry I can't be there due to illness but 2 junior Grummitts will be. For those going, sing as loud as at Watford [emoji50]and do us proud.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Every team gets a thrashing at some point each season. For Man City it would only be a loss but it happens.
But I don't think ours will be tonight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Customary bad feeling about this one.

Away games this season:-

Bumley - shitehouse for 60mins.
Villa - shitehouse for the full 95 minutes.
Southampton - shitehouse for 97 of the 98 minutes.
Utd - ?

I can't believe it's been 29 years since I was last at Old Trafford, when they scraped past us in the cup.
Has it changed much?

Sadly I have already had 'the talk' with Jnr (the fanboy) regarding any potential greatness from Ronaldo.

Last edited:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If we turn up then we’ve got a chance, it will be close. Show up as we did at Spurs and we’ll lose.
Bissouma has the chance to really announce himself to the world tonight. He’s better than Fred or McTominey and I’m not convinced on Pogna either.
I really hope GP goes with a dynamic midfield tonight - Biss, Alzate, MacArgie and Moder, with Trossard and Maupay up top. Lallana completed 90 mins on Saturday so I’d be surprised if he started and I don’t want Pascal starting in this one.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
These used to be a good side, I think we can get something here.

No better time to play United but installing the u turn as this is the Albion. 1-1

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Man U are weak right now. 3 points incoming. Maupay to score another ZINGER

#LOOSE

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
no idea why I have lost a bit of confidence on this one.

Probably because Utd have been really taken to town this week by the media, i expect a strong reaction this time even though i have been expecting that from them for weeks

I think if we can start the game well, stay in it for 30 mins and hopefully get some ball we can start to get the home fans on there backs...

Fingers crossed, I WOULD BLOODY LOVE TO WIN THIS ONE

Same, but have been advised it’s the hope that kills you!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Such a tough game. With so much world class talent, Manure could play pretty bad but still end up scoring 3 goals (the 2-3 at the Amex last season comes to mind). They just need 3 moments of genius from players like Pogba or Ronaldo who are certainly capable of scoring against any team, at any time.

But I think we’ll give a good account of ourselves. I’d love Moder to get his first goal in the EPL tonight. Fingers crossed.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If we turn up then we’ve got a chance, it will be close. Show up as we did at Spurs and we’ll lose.
Bissouma has the chance to really announce himself to the world tonight. He’s better than Fred or McTominey and I’m not convinced on Pogna either.
I really hope GP goes with a dynamic midfield tonight - Biss, Alzate, MacArgie and Moder, with Trossard and Maupay up top. Lallana completed 90 mins on Saturday so I’d be surprised if he started and I don’t want Pascal starting in this one.

Big Ralph switched to a 3-5-2 from his starting 4-4-2 and it seemed to work

I reckon GP will go with a 3-5-2

Middle three being Biss Moder and Mac

Trossard and Maupay up front with Welbeck introduced around 70 mins

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Its in my top 5 shittiest PL stadiums, so no not much

Yep.
I'll be amazed (and somewhat sad) if I'm still around in 29 years time in order to do a threepeat.

But the boy is excited to go and the stars aligned for today.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
What an array of talent on show tonight.

Some World class defenders, midfield players who would grace the giants of the European game, and forwards that can turn games in a second.

United aren’t bad, on their day, sometimes either .

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I think we should have confidence to go up there and get a result
I'm expecting GP to make some changes: Lamptey, and Wellbeck to drop out, with Trossard and Mac to come in.

I would also like Alzate to start instead of Gross, but don't expect Potter to do that.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don’t think we’ve ever had a better chance of beating these than tonight, we’re in decent form with pretty much our best team available. Old Trafford should hold no fear for our strong team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports