Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Your theory that players might decide to consciously play shit against Chelsea just to get GP to sign them is one of the most ridiculous takes from you in several days.
And also, partly, a joke.

But trust me, Icy said our players will be up for it, but if someone with a Psychology degree has been in the ears of certain players, their mental state will be pretty far from "f*** you".

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
On the face of it not a bad performance. But what was Lalana playing near Welbeck and not Trossard. Once again not giving Andov 30mins. Sorry but Sanchez apart from shot stopping is rubbish. What on earth was he doing. Hope he plays against us in world cup.
If he does it means we are in the semi finals at the very worse as that’s the first time we can play Spain.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

But trust me, Icy said our players will be up for it and if someone with a Psychology degree has been in the ears of certain players, their mental state will be pretty far from "f*** you".
I’ll be keeping an eye on Trossard and Caicedo expecting them to show a complete lack of interest then…..it won’t happen though

If he has been in the ears of players he is a bigger shit than I already think he is, despicable idea

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

But trust me, Icy said our players will be up for it and if someone with a Psychology degree has been in the ears of certain players, their mental state will be pretty far from "f*** you".
Best chance for Brighton to win is if they don't give a shit about Graham Potter and just go out and play their game... which I'm certain they will.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
VAR disgraceful as was the referee. Seems like he wanted to be friends with Man City’s players, it’s hard enough playing a fine team like City without having a cheating referee in charge.

The lads did well today, hopefully we’ll take that into our next match against that half a job prick Potter.
Everytime a City player went down 'injured' ref put a hand on his shoulder to ask if he was ok; he may as well have got out his notebook and asked for an autograph.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I have it on good authority that Mason got an earbashing from PGMOL bosses when he didn't award the early orc dive against Sanchez. He was told that the PGMOL win bonuses were at risk and he needed to step up. The first opportunity he had to make amends was to brush off the orc's barge on Webster. Once that was in the bag hecould then wait to, hopefully, wrap up the win bonus by converting Silva's "clever" cheating dive into a penalty. Trossard's goal caused a little unease but this was alleviated by Pawson stepping up to the plate, retrospectively booking Gross for a fair challenge to halt a Brighton attack and then allowing City to stop every subsequent attack with a "professional" foul with no cards brandished. Job done by the PGMOL cheats.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ll be keeping an eye on Trossard and Caicedo expecting them to show a complete lack of interest then…..it won’t happen though

If he has been in the ears of players he is a bigger shit than I already think he is, despicable idea
I didn't mention Caicedo. I mentioned Sanchez. Chelsea don't have a Potterball keeper and Roberts has gone there with GP. Funnily enough he's already dropped a couple of huge clangers since GP left.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
On the face of it not a bad performance. But what was Lalana playing near Welbeck and not Trossard. Once again not giving Andov 30mins. Sorry but Sanchez apart from shot stopping is rubbish. What on earth was he doing. Hope he plays against us in world cup.
He's not rubbish just far too casual in my opinion and we have no decent back up to pressure him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I didn't mention Caicedo. I mentioned Sanchez. Chelsea don't have a Potterball keeper and Roberts has gone there with GP. Funnily enough he's already dropped a couple of huge clangers since GP left.
Think they're pretty happy with Kepa and Mendy.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He's not rubbish just far too casual in my opinion and we have no decent back up to pressure him.
Can hardly call running miles out of area casual. Basically dont come out unless you know you will get to ball. How do you know we have no back up if Steele never plays. Worse than saying we dont have back up CF when he never gets more than 5/10mins

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Apparently we need to sign a £30_£40million striker for that to happen.
Whilst we played far, far better today than many including myself expected, it is probably best to actually acknowledge reality. We lost.

Possession can only stop the other team from scoring, to win the game we actually need to score ourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here