Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Man City were on the ropes at home for 10 minutes at 2-1 - we just couldn't force the equaliser. Beaten by a superb third goal

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Seen the penalty decision several times he sticks his leg out and Dunk kicks it as far as the rules go it’s a penalty but the rule is an arse and if it took VAR so long to make the decision then the referee trundled over to the monitor and only takes a glance at the screen he cannot have seen all the angles rubbish decision.

The first goal was a little less in question my first thought was Webster was pushed in the back but again after having seen it several times I think it was a shoulder barge but what really is the question where was Sanchez the goal was empty I can only think he was mushrooming further up the pitch.

A really good first 20 minutes and a really good second half the score does not reflect the game I watched

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Glad to hear the comments about the youngsters cameos' Mitoma has been missed but good to see others being given a chance.
Yeah, we really need to see these lads knotch up some decent match time before PotterPurse et al comes a knocking in January - Impossible to judge their contributions when they only have 5-10mins. It’s also helpful to have youngsters PL match ready to keep pressure on the regular starters to always up their game 🙂.

Last edited:

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Yeah, we really need to these lads to knotch up some decent match time before PotterPurse et al comes a knocking in January - Impossible to judge their contributions when they only have 5-10mins. It’s also helpful to have youngsters PL match ready to keep pressure on the regular starters to always up their game 🙂.
Yeah it’s my only, slight, frustration with De Zerbi is that he isn’t giving fringe players more time.

Anything less than 15mins or so is pointless, there’s not enough time for them to get into the game and show what they can do and there isn’t enough minutes for them to benefit and play into form to start games.

I can understand not changing a successful side so it’s not really a complaint, but if we are dealing with fatigue already, then I kind of think he needs to be giving these guys more time so they are ready to come in and play because we are probably going to need to play some of them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The fact that Silva's had to stick his leg out to a near 45 degree angle to make sure there's contact should mean it's him that's instigated the contact and therefore should never be a penalty.
I first spotted this con in a Calvert-Lewin dive at Anfield about 4 or 5 years back.

Instead of taking a completely natural path in on goal and body shape, he made a bizarre run 45 degrees away from goal
Yeah, I agree, it's so pointless. Man City away is as boring as an International break.

Kudos to those who went, but I cannot imagine something that is a bigger waste of time and money.

Ah well. Lewes v Hornchurch on Tuesday.
This.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The usual platitudes from the Man City forum that we get as long as we lose. Best side at the Etihad this season, play good stuff, etc.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Today we were the first team this season to play an EPL game away at City and to concede less than four goals.

Possession doesn't win matches, but I think that we may be the first team in about three years to have over 50% against City.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Today we were the first team this season to play an EPL game away at City and to concede less than four goals.

Possession doesn't win matches, but I think that we may be the first team in about three years to have over 50% against City.
We will eventually start banging the goals in on a regular basis in this system I am confident.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
We were turned over by Lee Mason. Without his bias it's 1-1. it is so sickening that this big 6 bias is there for all to see. Pawson was even having a close, friendly chat with De Bruyne in the tunnel when they lined up before kickoff. He walked over to Dunk, said literally 5 or 6 words and then back to continue his smiley friendly chat with De Bruyne.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Scoff if you want, but with Chelsea's keepers and Trossard's contract situation. GP would be mad if he hadn't tapped Sanchez and Tross up before he left Lancing. Maybe not January but almost certainly in the summer.

Remember, you're the Potter expert who said he wouldn't go to Chelsea.....

:ffsparr:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
On the face of it not a bad performance. But what was Lalana playing near Welbeck and not Trossard. Once again not giving Andov 30mins. Sorry but Sanchez apart from shot stopping is rubbish. What on earth was he doing. Hope he plays against us in world cup.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Scoff if you want, but with Chelsea's keepers and Trossard's contract situation. GP would be mad if he hadn't tapped Sanchez and Tross up before he left Lancing. Maybe not January but almost certainly in the summer.

Remember, you're the Potter expert who said he wouldn't go to Chelsea.....

:ffsparr:
Your theory that players might decide to consciously play shit against Chelsea just to get GP to sign them is one of the most ridiculous takes from you in several days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here