Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man Utd v Liverpool

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I have a deep dislike of both clubs, and in particular their rancid insufferable armies of gloating, entitled plastic fans.

Liverpool have had a slow start, but they'll pull it round and normal service will be resumed, they'll obviously be top 2 or 3. However, the current crisis at Old Trafford is truly something to behold. We are witnessing the complete disintegration of what has been THE PL behemoth of our time, and it is truly joyous to embrace. For that reason, I hope Utd get absolutely dry-humped tonight. I want to see fury, poison and dismay in the stands. I want to see shattered, humiliated, bewildered faces on the pitch. I want to watch a disaster unfold right in front of me, in real time, and then gorge myself for hours, days even, on the toxic aftermath.

Lets ave' it.

^^THIS in spades^^^

Ideally with TAA and Salah assisting each other's hattricks for mega LOLZ and mega FPL points

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I want Liverpool to win. There’s no question of doubt that they’ll finish the season ahead of us and there’s every reason to think we’ll be jostling with United!

This. We're not competing with Liverpool in terms of league position this season.

We MIGHT be competing with Man Utd.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Don't really care but wouldn't it be funny if Liverpool stuff them?.......or would that mean Tenny boy on borrowed time and a certain Mr Potter being linked?

You never know what's going to happen in football but I reckon the chances of Potter going to Man U are on par with Ryan Giggs being named Husband of the Year

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You never know what's going to happen in football but I reckon the chances of Potter going to Man U are on par with Ryan Giggs being named Husband of the Year

Indeed. They are a basket case outfit that managers held in higher regard than Potter are finding impossible to work within.

The only clubs I worry about Potter joining are a) Newcastle, as they are the embryonic stages of setting up like a moneybags version of us, and b) Man City, who might see Potter as the perfect replacement if Potter, especially if Potter wins a couple of trophies here beforehand. Maybe Chelsea, but I think they are sufficiently short sighted and entitled to aim for a designer manager from abroad.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Don't really care but wouldn't it be funny if Liverpool stuff them?.......or would that mean Tenny boy on borrowed time and a certain Mr Potter being linked?
I know it's Man Utd, but I think Potter would be mad to go there right now, and I think/hope he would know that. Their problems clearly lie deeper than the manager, yet that seems to be their only answer at the moment - sack the manager and hope the next one changes things.

In fact it's been the problem since SAF left.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
36B0E121-BF25-4EB4-A3E4-594D34713208.png

3F02EC8A-41BB-4A43-86CF-CF080A033141.jpeg

E74993FE-41DA-41F2-B6CC-C097CDBF33E1.jpeg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Indeed. They are a basket case outfit that managers held in higher regard than Potter are finding impossible to work within.

If they lose tonight, then Southampton next week is a big game for them. If they lose that, they have Arsenal, Leicester, Crystal Palace, Leeds and City next up ... none of those, except possibly Leicester, is an easy game. If they only have a handful of points after nine games, what will the board do? Stick with Ten Hag or not?

The problem then is: who to get? As you say, no decent manager is going to go there. It will be time for BFS to step in :lolol:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Why should Liverpool not get 3 points if the game is postponed? Why should they suffer because manu’s owners are shite?
I have a bad feeling this will be a crap game, ending 0-0 or 1-0 with a very late ronaldo goal.
No way my weekend can be that good after our 2-0 away win at the ammers… however, COME ON YOU REDS! 😉

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Would love to see united get battered, 1) for entertainment value of the fallout and 2) want city to have some competition at least for the title - them running away with it completely would be really dull

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
While despising both clubs i have many memories of tuning into this fixture. A few as a genuine battle of top teams, most featuring Liverpool as a mercurial underdog that might occasionally bloody the nose of the United juggernaut.
This time... well it feels like rubbernecking at a car crash, except the victim is someone you absolutely hate and you know they're not dead or grievously injured and while you feel a twinge of pity it's dwarfed by the hope an 18 wheeler runs into the whole mess.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
have got no time for Glaziers but has to be remembered I think they were owners for 10years while Ferguson was there

larus

The only clubs I worry about Potter joining are a) Newcastle, as they are the embryonic stages of setting up like a moneybags version of us, and b) Man City, who might see Potter as the perfect replacement if Potter, especially if Potter wins a couple of trophies here beforehand. Maybe Chelsea, but I think they are sufficiently short sighted and entitled to aim for a designer manager from abroad.

I could see Potter being a good fit for Liverpool. I think the fans would give him a bit of time and his methods would work with them IMO. They were willing to give Klopp a bit of time to get things right.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
have got no time for Glaziers but has to be remembered I think they were owners for 10years while Ferguson was there

Yes. But it was Ferguson who effectively ushered them in when he fell out with John Magnier and JP McManus over the stud rights of their co-owned racehorse Rock of Gibralter.

Following the legal fallout, McManus and Magnier sold all their Man Utd shareholdings to the Glazers, handing them control of the club. And the rest, as they say, is history. The current ownership is all Fergies fault.

Which is, I think, rather lovely.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Why should Liverpool not get 3 points if the game is postponed? Why should they suffer because manu’s owners are shite?
I have a bad feeling this will be a crap game, ending 0-0 or 1-0 with a very late ronaldo goal.
No way my weekend can be that good after our 2-0 away win at the ammers… however, COME ON YOU REDS! 😉

A staggeringly weird take for someone who is supposedly a Brighton fan.

Or did you not support us when we were trying to disrupt games because of our owners? :shrug:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Never kick a man when he’s down.

Man U being the exception. ‘Feck ‘em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here