[Football] Man Utd v Liverpool

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Nonsense. A draw is a great result.

Would mean Liverpool have just 3 points from three games, which is an absolute 'DISASTER' for them, and United a solitary point - and neither of them with any momentum a win would bring.

Best result of all would be 0-0, as I have a £5 free bet on it at 18/1!

I've just taken that!

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
In recent years I would have steered clear of or at best only had a passing interest in this fixture as they get a bit samey. But this season its box office stuff. The binfest from plastic Mancs and the arrogant die hards is an absolute joy to behold! Long may it continue with Everton and West Ham joining them in the relegation dog fight

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If one of them must win, it's funnier if Man Utd win than Liverpool IMHO, although obviously a draw is the best result (particularly if it's goalless).

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
This should tick every box that makes me hate Premier League football. Monday night, entitled fans, bars full of replica shirted wankers from Haslemere to Hanoi, an hour and a half of build up, cliche ridden commentary and Neville and Carragher arguing like a pair of Year One special kids.

But this has SO much potential for enjoyment. There really isn't a bad result.

Plus, whether Manchester United or Liverpool win they can't go above us (I know this point has been made already, I just enjoyed typing it).

:lolol:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
For my fantasy league team, I'm hoping for a Salah hattrick.

For the fiver free bet 365 have given me, I'm hoping for a Liverpool win and more than 1.5 shots on target for both Salah and Diaz.

But generally, I would really love to see Man Utd's suffering continue.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
For my fantasy league team, I'm hoping for a Salah hattrick.

For the fiver free bet 365 have given me, I'm hoping for a Liverpool win and more than 1.5 shots on target for both Salah and Diaz.

But generally, I would really love to see Man Utd's suffering continue.

But isn't the suffering of Liverpool also a source of joy? If you don't find this to be the case, I recommend a trip down the Font on a Liverpool matchday. Trust me, you'll want those pigs to lose every game for years.

Another point in this is the tortured loyalty of City fans, presumably wanting Utd to win

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I have a deep dislike of both clubs, and in particular their rancid insufferable armies of gloating, entitled plastic fans.

Liverpool have had a slow start, but they'll pull it round and normal service will be resumed, they'll obviously be top 2 or 3. However, the current crisis at Old Trafford is truly something to behold. We are witnessing the complete disintegration of what has been THE PL behemoth of our time, and it is truly joyous to embrace. For that reason, I hope Utd get absolutely dry-humped tonight. I want to see fury, poison and dismay in the stands. I want to see shattered, humiliated, bewildered faces on the pitch. I want to watch a disaster unfold right in front of me, in real time, and then gorge myself for hours, days even, on the toxic aftermath.

Lets ave' it.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I have a deep dislike of both clubs, and in particular their rancid insufferable armies of gloating, entitled plastic fans.

Liverpool have had a slow start, but they'll pull it round and normal service will be resumed, they'll obviously be top 2 or 3. However, the current crisis at Old Trafford is truly something to behold. We are witnessing the complete disintegration of what has been THE PL behemoth of our time, and it is truly joyous to embrace. For that reason, I hope Utd get absolutely dry-humped tonight. I want to see fury, poison and dismay in the stands. I want to see shattered, humiliated, bewildered faces on the pitch. I want to watch a disaster unfold right in front of me, in real time, and then gorge myself for hours, days even, on the toxic aftermath.

Lets ave' it.

Ok, but who would you like to win?!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Lets ave' it.

So 1-0 to Utd it is then

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Lets ave' it.

I mean, I'd really rather have the £90 winnings for the 0-0, but once Liverpool DO get one goal, then I'll happily join you in hoping they get about 8 more.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Lets ave' it.

Only August but already a very strong contender for Post of The Season :clap:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
IF Manchester United try and play out from the back with Maguire and IF they go with a McTominay/Fred double pivot, this will get very messy indeed. If Ten Hag is batshit crazy enough to attempt this, I could see even an out-of-sorts Liverpool getting 6 or 7. United really are that bad.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Think Utd will raise their game for this and give Liverpool a better game than alot predict.

Only losing 2-0 in the process

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
United win for me please. They're still awful but they'll be above a decent Liverpool side for a little while. That for the sheer Lolz please.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I have no beef with Liverpool.

I am rather enjoying the United meltdown.

A big win for the Scousers please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports