Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man Utd v Liverpool

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I said earlier this summer - I cannot fathom why Liverpool (or Utd) weren’t in for Bissouma.
Maybe - understandably - he wanted to stay down south?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Liverpool could barely pass to each other and Utd just about hung on. As you say dreadful game.

What it highlights to me is these supposedly top managers are nothing without being able to buy all the top layers. Klopp's tactics were awful.

Klopp deployed tactics tonight?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
A staggeringly weird take for someone who is supposedly a Brighton fan.

Or did you not support us when we were trying to disrupt games because of our owners? :shrug:

I’m a Brighton/Liverpool fan for over 50 years, it’s in the blood. If you understood about Brighton’s past it was about bringing opposing fans together not alienating them….
The Reds got what they deserved last night, 9 first team injuries couldn’t disguise the fact the midfield needed some oomph!
It can only get better but at least my Seagulls are soaring :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I’m a Brighton/Liverpool fan for over 50 years, it’s in the blood. If you understood about Brighton’s past it was about bringing opposing fans together not alienating them….
The Reds got what they deserved last night, 9 first team injuries couldn’t disguise the fact the midfield needed some oomph!

How many first team appearances did each player in Liverpools starting 11 make last season, the season they were so close to winning 4 trophies?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
TAA, Walker, Maguire, Stones, Chilwell, Shaw, Mings, Coady - it’s looking really good for England defensively for the World Cup!

Was discussing exactly this with my son last night. It’s early days in the season but if Southgate had to pick a squad on form at the moment he’d have to drop some favourites and look again at Dunk and/or Webster. Trippier must be a shoo in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

The commentators said that was pretty much the Liverpool 1st team and they were just a bit light on the bench. As to BHA; our protests alienated several other clubs and their fans eg Orient and Hereford. That said I have no more sympathy for the fake complaints of Man U fans than you do.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The commentators said that was pretty much the Liverpool 1st team and they were just a bit light on the bench. As to BHA; our protests alienated several other clubs and their fans eg Orient and Hereford. That said I have no more sympathy for the fake complaints of Man U fans than you do.

In which case they won’t be challenging Man City this season. The midfield looks awful and that front three really missed the pace of Mane. No coincidence for me that us with the focal point of Welbeck and Brentford with Toney bullied Man U’s back line. Firmino can’t do that. We’ll see the real Liverpool when Thiago and Jota are fit and if Nunez manages to avoid trouble. I expect them to sign a midfielder too - hands off Caicedo please.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I thought it was a dreadful game.

Well, each to their own. I thought it was great - plenty of individual skill and some nice combinations and slick counters (mainly from Utd). Rashford was really, really good after his goal, and Lisandro Martinez being a complete beast in defense. Overall I think both teams showed why they'll end up above Brighton (and Palace for that matter).

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Well, each to their own. I thought it was great - plenty of individual skill and some nice combinations and slick counters (mainly from Utd). Rashford was really, really good after his goal, and Lisandro Martinez being a complete beast in defense. Overall I think both teams showed why they'll end up above Brighton (and Palace for that matter).
Yer utd looked like they were back to that level where they would always beat us with ridiculous pace on the break. Rashford was back to his best.

Can they keep it up?

The signs are good for them with casemiro coming in. If they sign Antony and de Jong they will have a very good squad. Top 3/4 easily.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yer utd looked like they were back to that level where they would always beat us with ridiculous pace on the break. Rashford was back to his best.

Can they keep it up?

The signs are good for them with casemiro coming in. If they sign Antony and de Jong they will have a very good squad. Top 3/4 easily.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I think if they accept that some players like Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw are lost causes who really shouldn't be playing in top PL teams despite their costs and despite their status as English internationals, they can reach top 4. Also need to keep Ronaldo as far from the pitch as possible... preferably, for them, another country.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Both teams?! Liverpool were dreadful! I mean, obviously they'll finish above us this season but you wouldn't think it based on last night's showing alone

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Both teams?! Liverpool were dreadful! I mean, obviously they'll finish above us this season but you wouldn't think it based on last night's showing alone

Fair enough. In their case it is a matter of knowing from before that they're going to be up there eventually. But United showed that they're - as usual - not going to be in the bottom ten or anything silly like that, despite many perhaps feeling that way from their season so far.

The Seagull

Jan 17, 2021
Was discussing exactly this with my son last night. It’s early days in the season but if Southgate had to pick a squad on form at the moment he’d have to drop some favourites and look again at Dunk and/or Webster. Trippier must be a shoo in.

You’ve forgotten Wellbeck, albions free scoring centre forward and a shoo in for the World Cup according to many on here :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You’ve forgotten Wellbeck, albions free scoring centre forward and a shoo in for the World Cup according to many on here :lolol:

Do you mean "Welbeck, Albion's free scoring centre forward"?

Can't spell our players' names or title our club properly. 1/10.

Will be checking if you're Palace.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Man u have become an ordinary team, so like so many ordinary teams they will be up for it when playing one of the big teams in Liverpool. Expect a good performance, and stories of how Ten Hag is starting to have an effect.

And like an ordinary team, they will be drop off when they face Southampton this weekend. Look how Brentford performed after Man U, how Fulham performed after Liverpool. How Leeds performed after Chelsea (*fingers crossed*)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Quite a surprise to find us more than a match clear of United and Liverpool with only three games played :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here