Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man of the Match v Barnsley

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Enjoy it while it lasts, folks. He will near the top of a lot of shopping lists come January 1st.

And the offers will get the short shrift that the summer ones got. End of season, perhaps.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If he released the ball earlier on a couple of occassions we would benefit more, perhaps.
That is always the thing people say about wonderful players like Knocky. People said that about Peter Ward, Vicente etc. I think I'll leave Knockaert to decide what's best. Nearly all the great things at the moment on the pitch originate from him.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Surprised there isn't a thread on this by now. Murray was good and scored the vital goals but Knockaert......well.....WHAT a performance. Given a standing ovation during the game at one point. Absolutely brilliant. What were the sponsors watching?

I agree Knockaert was superb today ,Murray should off got 4 today but had a good game otherwise ,Knockhaert different class

biddles911

May 12, 2014
A nod to Bong as most improved player, loving his confidence today.

Really?! Thought he was quite poor again and got us into trouble several times. He was great last season until his injury but his form has been terrible since then.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biddles911

May 12, 2014
That is always the thing people say about wonderful players like Knocky. People said that about Peter Ward, Vicente etc. I think I'll leave Knockaert to decide what's best. Nearly all the great things at the moment on the pitch originate from him.

Absolutely agree. Some of his passing and through balls were brilliant today and, as for his runs past umpteen players, he's the most thrilling player I've seen in years......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Really?! Thought he was quite poor again and got us into trouble several times. He was great last season until his injury but his form has been terrible since then.....

He was vastly improved today.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I think that if he released the ball earlier on a couple of occassions we would benefit more, perhaps but having said that I do enjoy his mazy runs.

Once again you post bollocks - then start to see how the wind blows and change tack :moo:
Unfortunately for you a few people have sussed you out.

Stumpy Tim

Surprised people aren't talking more about Duffy. He was absolutely immense, especially in the first half. Their set piece delivery was excellent but he was on the end of all of them. Last season we conceded a lot of our goals from set pieces, and it's obvious from today that's why he's been bought. Hugely impressive performance.

Obviously Knockster was MOM, but Duffy and Murray were both very good

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They were strange though. I agree they had some quality in there (Hamill, for instance, and also their two central midfielders), but they also had a fair few that looked as though they weren't up to much, and clearly below this level.

I thought the delivery from both sides looked dangerous.

As I said, I felt they came to play its just that we were better.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
He was simply sublime today. THAT bit of skill that got a standing ovation was utterly magical. He is fast becoming one of my favourite albion players of all time. Magician, genius, he is worth the admission price alone.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Surprised people aren't talking more about Duffy. He was absolutely immense, especially in the first half. Their set piece delivery was excellent but he was on the end of all of them. Last season we conceded a lot of our goals from set pieces, and it's obvious from today that's why he's been bought. Hugely impressive performance.

Obviously Knockster was MOM, but Duffy and Murray were both very good

This. Knocky was predictably excellent - **** knows how opposing managers brief their full backs ('pop in lad, we're going to go through a few clips of that Knockaert so you know how to deal with him on Saturday..........') but their defence was pretty crap (several times Murray or Hemed simply weren't tracked). Duffy is quickly coming up the Albion curve and he is absolutely immense in the air. I don't think he lost a header today. Him and Dunk together are almost impenetrable.

Great thread though - a discussion about whether it's one of maybe 5 players (CB, FB, winger, a midfielder and a striker) is a happy place to be. Bong was much better today too. Pretty sure that pass out that kicked off the first goal was deliberate.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Knockaert was simply sublime in the first half. It was a ten out of ten performance. The only display that comes near it was him in the first half against Sheff Wed in the play-offs. Murray, at the very least, should have had a hat-trick but, that said, the first goal was stunning.

I was in the south stand today, bang in line with the ball as it went in. As you say stunning.

I also had a wonderful view of AK's first half wizardry. A great day out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here