Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man of the Match v Barnsley

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Almost felt sorry for the Barnsley player who accidentally whacked Knocky near the centre circle towards the end of the game and got awarded a free kick against him, might even have got booked for his troubles. He genuinely went for the ball, and then - HEY PRESTO! - it suddenly wasn't there anymore! [emoji38]ol:
Nonsense, that was no accident. He came straight through from behind like a coward. Same with their #6 who kicked Knockaert's standing leg after he'd sent two or three for a pie and a pint. Barnsley were very like Huddersfield, negative and scared.

Brentford weren't scared, and neither were Newcastle. We won't have many easier games than the last couple of home games, but long may it continue. We never had to get out of 2nd gear in either game.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Nonsense, that was no accident. He came straight through from behind like a coward. Same with their #6 who kicked Knockaert's standing leg after he'd sent two or three for a pie and a pint. Barnsley were very like Huddersfield, negative and scared.

Brentford weren't scared, and neither were Newcastle. We won't have many easier games than the last couple of home games, but long may it continue. We never had to get out of 2nd gear in either game.

Disagree.

I thought Barnsley came to play, aided by the ref their delivery was good and they had some quality players.

The issue was they were outplayed.

Brentford and Newcastle we were the ones who that didn't turn up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Murray looked sharp, great positioning, took his chances and looks like the 20 goal a season striker we've lacked. He deserves MOM and if he didn't win it after today's performance he never will.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Come on, if you can't give it to Murray when he scores 2, when can you give it to him?

As others have said, share it around a bit.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Knockaert......well.....WHAT a performance. Given a standing ovation during the game at one point. Absolutely brilliant.

Knockaert every day of the week.

they can't give it to Knocky every match...

Knockaert makes my balls swell.

Knockaert will have enough champagne over the course of the season

I'm still dizzy from watching Knockaert's performance today so no idea what the Barnsley full back feels like. MOM by a mile

Knockaert was simply sublime in the first half. It was a ten out of ten performance.

Definitely Knockaert

Knocky for his wonderful first half display

Knockaert MoM par un country kilomètre. Bravo monsieur! :bowdown:

AK was simply magnificent, particularly in the first half. Definitely my MOM but they have to spread it around a bit?

I love the cheeky French chap and would have given him MOTM. I bet he knows he was anyway.

Truly memorable game from AK. He dominated the match so no brainer man of the match.

Knockaert for MOM by a distance

There simply shouldn't be a debate about who the MotM was though.

Knockaert all day long.

Enjoy it while it lasts, folks. He will near the top of a lot of shopping lists come January 1st.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Disagree.

I thought Barnsley came to play, aided by the ref their delivery was good and they had some quality players.

The issue was they were outplayed.

Brentford and Newcastle we were the ones who that didn't turn up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were strange though. I agree they had some quality in there (Hamill, for instance, and also their two central midfielders), but they also had a fair few that looked as though they weren't up to much, and clearly below this level.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Enjoy it while it lasts, folks. He will near the top of a lot of shopping lists come January 1st.

He will be, but we won't sell him to a Championship club, and would want £20m+ from a PL club, and I'm not convinced they'd spend it. If we're up in the mix come January, I'd say it's even more unlikely.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm still dizzy from watching Knockaert's performance today so no idea what the Barnsley full back feels like. MOM by a mile

Every time Knocky skinned him, he went over and shook Knocky's hand :lolol:

But actually the whippet shaggers were very sporting and decent today (although the time wasting keeper was a bit mad, given they were 1 down) and will do well against teams who, unlike us, don't overwhelm them with FLAIR. Good luck to them. I hope they take points of Narwitch, Toon and other pretenders to our throne . . . .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Blimey. I don't think I agree with a single word of that. Football. A game of two opinions :lolol::cheers:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Almost felt sorry for the Barnsley player who accidentally whacked Knocky near the centre circle towards the end of the game and got awarded a free kick against him, might even have got booked for his troubles. He genuinely went for the ball, and then - HEY PRESTO! - it suddenly wasn't there anymore! :lolol:

You mean the one who got done and then deliberately booted Knocky up in the air & was lucky to stay in the field as it could have been violent conduct?

Edit - I think you may be talking about the one from behind in front of the East that wiped him out actually. Didn't have a great view of it tbh.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Murray is 3rd leading scorer in our division, and Knocky is equal fifth. Source: BBC. A definite step up from Gilliver and Beamish.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Murray definitely MOM followed by Stephens. AK spends too long showboating although it is a pleasure to watch.

If only we hadnt lost out on Murrays best years.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You mean the one who got done and then deliberately booted Knocky up in the air & was lucky to stay in the field as it could have been violent conduct?

Edit - I think you may be talking about the one from behind in front of the East that wiped him out actually. Didn't have a great view of it tbh.

Nope I meant the one slap bang in the centre circle. Genuinely looked (to me) like the Barnsley player was doing an air shot on where he could have reasonably expected the ball to be, and whacked the player by mistake because the ball was long gone :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here