Malaysian airline crash

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Just one question........do you actually know what the Cuban Missile Crisis is?

I do sir. I apologise for last night. For mine and a lovely and now hungover friend of mine.

I don't take back the basic view but the tone and response to you was not correct.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I do sir. I apologise for last night. For mine and a lovely and now hungover friend of mine.

I don't take back the basic view but the tone and response to you was not correct.

Hey so what,if it kicks off any time anywhere,we need your type in the trenches,i will personally supply the :drink: and anything else you require-

Sargent Hyperion :salute:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
common sence isnt that common and seldom makes much sence. to you its obvious in retrospect, to airlines that follow civil aviation guidelines its not. even after the event there were still planes flying that route, and on flightradar24 you could see a few going over that area on Friday, albeit Moscow bound so "friendly".

Common sense is something you would hope would be exercised when you are operating a metal tube full of people at 33,000ft!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hahaha :) A Helicopter? :)

Done,Chinnoks will bring in supplies and a battalion of Para's at your disposal,Lynx to ferry in the SAS,Apache's to take out the counter attackers,Cobras to provide close support.. oh and a couple of fast movers to provide
top cover.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Done,Chinnoks will bring in supplies and a battalion of Para's at your disposal,Lynx to ferry in the SAS,Apache's to take out the counter attackers,Cobras to provide close support.. oh and a couple of fast movers to provide
top cover.

Was just thinking of a Thai curry delivery service tbh :)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Was just thinking of a Thai curry delivery service tbh :)

Ah...........well,maybe i will get back to you on that,Pork & peanut curry?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Please could you provide an example of America, or for that matter anyone other than Russia ever having shot a civilian airliner down.

Not trying to be argumentative here, genuinely don't remember it ever happening, especially not like the common event your post paints it to be.

Theres an article on the bbc with a load of examples. I'm on my phone or is provide a link

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Common sense is something you would hope would be exercised when you are operating a metal tube full of people at 33,000ft!

or when discussing perfectly reasonable flight paths. your belief that no one should be flying over a region where long range anti aircraft missiles are deployed would basically ground most civil aviation globally. Hindsight based opinion Martyn with no acknowledgement of the realities. Do you know how many unstable, effectively war zones, that flight would have continued to fly over if it had cleared Ukraine?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
or when discussing perfectly reasonable flight paths. your belief that no one should be flying over a region where long range anti aircraft missiles are deployed would basically ground most civil aviation globally. Hindsight based opinion Martyn with no acknowledgement of the realities. Do you know how many unstable, effectively war zones, that flight would have continued to fly over if it had cleared Ukraine?

Yes these missiles are deployed all over the world but how many have actually been used in say the last 2 months? The US told carriers it was too dangerous, BA think it's too dangerous, why did Malaysian Airways think it was safe enough?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

How many international flights do you imagine are currently flying over Gaza?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
they should all meet

Putin
Obama
the soldiers on the ground
there in Eastern Ukraine

then drop something very nasty on the lot of them

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
How many international flights do you imagine are currently flying over Gaza?

none as its tiny and not massive and on a key intercontinental flight path unlike Ukraine.

i would not have the answer for why Malaysian Airways think its safe enough, as there is no such airline.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
none as its tiny and not massive and on a key intercontinental flight path unlike Ukraine.

i would not have the answer for why Malaysian Airways think its safe enough, as there is no such airline.

You are very clever aren't you? I am sure you have no idea at all what I was talking about.
The area above the whole of Ukraine is not a problem just a certain area over Eastern Ukraine, quite a small area actually.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yes these missiles are deployed all over the world but how many have actually been used in say the last 2 months? The US told carriers it was too dangerous, BA think it's too dangerous, why did Malaysian Airways think it was safe enough?

Maybe it was deemed safer than flying over Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Don't care if it is a small area or not, when you walking onto a plane destined for anywhere in the world the last thing you should be worried about is being shot down by a missile....

there is no right conclusion as to if, why or who other than it's wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports