Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malaysian airline crash

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
If you recklessly and negliently fire a loaded gun into a crowded room you are guilty of murder if you hit and kill someone. If the missile was fired deliberately but a mistake was made in hitting a civilian airliner then I would suggest that act is both reckless and negligent.

I suggest you check on both domestic and international law before you try this line.

Edit to add - Where have I suggested any kind of military action?

The Malaysian plane should not have been flying over an active war zone where SAM's are regularly being used to shoot down planes at high altitude. The US had banned their carriers from the area but other nations were still using the short cut, stupid.
I am not saying they are to 'blame' for this, the Russian backed rebels made the error to target the wrong aircraft, they caused this incident.

The Malaysian plane should not have been flying over an active war zone where SAM's are regularly being used to shoot down planes at high altitude. The US had banned their carriers from the area but other nations were still using the short cut, stupid.
I am not saying they are to 'blame' for this, the Russian backed rebels made the error to target the wrong aircraft, they caused this incident.

Was there an officially delared no fly zone in place? If not then the airliner was flying in international airspace and whoever shot it down has no justification at all. To claim otherwise and to allow that claim to stand will open a VERY nasty can of worms.

Edit to add - I realise you are not directly making that claim but there are those who are trying to do so.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Weasel words, you are wriggling on a hook trying to deny the fairly evident evidence of who shot this plane down. Responsibility rests solely with the man at the top who supported the 'seperatists' and then went on to arm them.

Ok, cast your mind back [if you are old enough] to the Falklands conflict. The Argentinian air-force inflicted significant damage [sunk British ships and killed British forces] using French supplied Exocet missiles - were the French blamed for this? I recall the Thatcher government putting massive pressure on the French to cease further supply of these missiles, but the trigger was definitely in the hands of the Argentinians.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Was there an officially delared no fly zone in place? If not then the airliner was flying in international airspace and whoever shot it down has no justification at all. To claim otherwise and to allow that claim to stand will open a VERY nasty can of worms.

Edit to add - I realise you are not directly making that claim but there are those who are trying to do so.

Common sense means you do not fly over an area where long range missiles are being used, it's crazy, total madness

Ok, cast your mind back [if you are old enough] to the Falklands conflict. The Argentinian air-force inflicted significant damage [sunk British ships and killed British forces] using French supplied Exocet missiles - were the French blamed for this? I recall the Thatcher government putting massive pressure on the French to cease further supply of these missiles, but the trigger was definitely in the hands of the Argentinians.

The 'seperatists' almost certainly did not have the technical knowledge to operate the necessary radar equipment. That would have to have been done by a trained technician. Now I wonder which country with a close border to the area may have those kind of trained technicians?

Oh, and I am well old enough Shropshire. Thanks for the rather silly backhanded insult.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

The trigger is being pressed by Russian Army soldiers who are in Ukraine without badges, just the same as Crimea, a load of Russian troops did not arrive to take over when it was declared Russian, they had been there all along just called something else

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
So what. Common sense also says you do not walk in certain areas of London N5 at night. If you are then attacked by someone and die whilst doing so that is still murder.

No matter what it's called you are dead and you would be alive if you had walked somewhere else! Would you still walk in London N5 knowing you would be dead but at least the person who did it would be up for murder!!

The first section of that linked reports states

"Update: The later part of this article is based on information provided by the Kiev Spanish air controller. Since posting this article, we have received reports to the effect the Spanish Air controller is fake and that the twitter message were sent out of London."

So that entire section of the article is basd on an apparently fake twitter message.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Oh, and I am well old enough Shropshire. Thanks for the rather silly backhanded insult.

Jeez, you're tetchy: "if you are old enough" was a genuine caveat put in purely in recognition that significant readership on this site were born after this conflict - to call it a "rather silly backhanded insult" is they way YOU interpreted it, not the way I wrote it.

Grumpy ar$e .....

Jeez, you're tetchy: "if you are old enough" was a genuine caveat put in purely in recognition that significant readership on this site were born after this conflict - to call it a "rather silly backhanded insult" is they way YOU interpreted it, not the way I wrote it.

Grumpy ar$e .....

Grumpy OLD ar$e please :lolol:

Edit to add - in fact I am even old enough to remember the Stockport air crash.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Common sense means you do not fly over an area where long range missiles are being used, it's crazy, total madness

common sence isnt that common and seldom makes much sence. to you its obvious in retrospect, to airlines that follow civil aviation guidelines its not. even after the event there were still planes flying that route, and on flightradar24 you could see a few going over that area on Friday, albeit Moscow bound so "friendly".

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I think that we , who are not directly involved, need to retain a sense of proportion.
Face it, mistakes happen, especially in wars. the concept of "friendly fire" is one that we became all too familiar with during the Gulf War, Iraq & Afghan wars. Highly trained service officers from America, Russia and other States have shot down civilian airliners before, believing them to be hostile.

Lets join the mourners in condolences and leave the blame until the facts are verified

I think that we , who are not directly involved, need to retain a sense of proportion.
Face it, mistakes happen, especially in wars. the concept of "friendly fire" is one that we became all too familiar with during the Gulf War, Iraq & Afghan wars. Highly trained service officers from America, Russia and other States have shot down civilian airliners before, believing them to be hostile.

Lets join the mourners in condolences and leave the blame until the facts are verified

Please could you provide an example of America, or for that matter anyone other than Russia ever having shot a civilian airliner down.

Not trying to be argumentative here, genuinely don't remember it ever happening, especially not like the common event your post paints it to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here