Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Malaysian airline crash

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The Ukrainian military have confirmed they did not have any missiles within the range able to bring the plane down yesterday

Don't believe everything the Ukrainian military say. Same goes for Sky's military analysts for that matter!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Seems that everyone is very sure that this was down to Russia.

Strange that. I can't for the very life of me think why that might be. Anyone could almost be lulled into thinking they did it. Thankfully some bored, weird loons on a 2nd division football messageboard know better, obviously.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
IIRC, the black boxes should only be opened by Boeing, so if they have been opened then someone is trying to hide something.

Or I may have watched too many Air Crash Investigations on Sky.

One of the worlds top sites for blackbox analysis is at Farnborough.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Strange that. I can't for the very life of me think why that might be. Anyone could almost be lulled into thinking they did it. Thankfully some bored, weird loons on a 2nd division football messageboard know better, obviously.

I'm not saying I know better, I'm not saying I know anything.

But neither do all the people asserting with almost absolute certainty that this was down to Russia. Many of these people are journalists and they should know better than to speculate before they investigate.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of those that died on the plane.

My cousin is helping to organise the world AIDS conference that starts in Australia this weekend and it looks like quite a few (inital reports maybe up to 100) doctors and researchers were on the plane which may put back research a bit :(

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic

I know we should fully expect Russia to lie, but I hope everyone realizes that we are just as likely to lie too.

I am 100% certain that if the UK or the US received good quality evidence that this was the fault of Ukraine they would bury it. & if they received poor quality evidence it was Russia, they wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Just saying, for balance.

Quite ! The Ukraine government and the US last night on CNN were straight at the Pro-Russian separatists or Russian speaking Ukrainians as I like to call them , blaming them or threatening them if it was them . No grace whatsoever , let's think about the people on board , family and friends before flying out accusations .

Last edited:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Putin is a snidey war monger. He conveniently can't seem to control the so called pro Russian rebels(soldiers without official uniforms).

I am *****ed if I know why we don't stand up to the weasel much more than we do.

Sanctions against Russia? What a cop out

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
If you are talking about force I think we all know why doing more is very difficult!

Well you know, it's clear he is using divide and conquer politics and is forcing his will, but what have we actually done and how much does the world tolerate?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

I know we should fully expect Russia to lie, but I hope everyone realizes that we are just as likely to lie too.
I'm 100% sure you're wrong. We do lie sometimes, but we are not as likely to lie as Putin, I know we're not.

I am 100% certain that if the UK or the US received good quality evidence that this was the fault of Ukraine they would bury it.
It's possible it could happen, but 100% sure? Nonsense.

& if they received poor quality evidence it was Russia, they wouldn't hesitate to use it.
Well I agree with that.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I'm 100% sure you're wrong. We do lie sometimes, but we are not as likely to lie as Putin, I know we're not.

Yes, in exactly the same way that Russians "know" that Putin is less likely to lie than we are.

You trust your own kind, it's understandable. It's not justified though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here