Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making a Murderer documentary

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Just finished it. My two main reactions are that the whole situation stinks to high heaven and that Ken Kratz is a dick. Gripping to watch though.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Shocking, it made me so angry and terrified of getting locked up in the states.

This thought crossed my mind a few times. I am wary of stepping out of line when I go to the Mid-West each year. I am also wary of the scale of the gun and ammunition section of Wal Mart.

Unbelievable documentary. Just watched the series in 8 days and was shaking my head through most of it.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
It is a great documentary but it's incredibly biased towards the defence. I have little doubt that Avery is guilty.

Of course the documentary is biased towards the defence, that's because the entire case and all the evidence was biased towards his innocence. It's an absolute farce.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It sounds like a very interesting program (not convinced it's a documentary), but one that would make me unhappy. I don't like the sound of watching something that makes me unhappy.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Well, it does if you believe the police would be able to plant all those things. I suppose they could have done, but then his sweat was on the key. Do the police have access to his sweat? It seems a bit far fetched to me.

Pretty sure rubbing the key up against a pair of his dirty socks would do the trick.
It does not seem at all far fetched to me, plenty of cases where Officers have been found to be fabricating evidence.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Watched the first 3 episodes. It's ok but anyone that thinks this is good should get onto the Serial Podcast as other on here have said.

If you enjoy that podcast Generation Why? is shorter 2 hour podcasts on loads of murder cases. The presenters are a bit more opinionated which I personally like.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Watching episode five now. Can't help but think that if this investigation is going on in the wake of the changes made by the original inquiry then the system is ****ed. It is a shambles from start to finish from what I can see.

Letting that kid be interview over and over with a lawyer or even him mum present is criminal.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
So not the key or the blood in her car or the bones in his yard and the fact that he was the last person to see her alive? Oh and the bullet too that was a match for his gun

SPOILER

The key that they did not find the first time of searching that area until Officer Lenk searched again, and it was in plain sight?

The blood which perhaps came out of the test tube of his blood which had clearly been tampered with? The EDTA test is inconclusive.

The bones that were found in his yard, AND in a separate site away from his yard. Why would Avery move some bones?

The unconfirmed CLAIM that he was the last person to see her alive. The killer was.

And the bullet that they didn't find until March?

I think there is a lot more evidence to suggest that he has been framed than there is of him being the murderer (and I include the evidence not shown). How you can convict him BEYOND RESONABLE DOUBT is beyond me. The Jury seems very suspect to me too. The initial show of hands revealed 7/12 thought he was innocent. It has also since been revealed that a member of the jury used to volunteer for Mantiwoc Police Department, and his Son worked for them at the time. How was that allowed to happen?

Last edited:

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I'm thinking it was either her brother (he seems dodgy as **** to me) who did it and the cops and that sexual harassment panda **** Kratz covered it up.

Also that Lenk detective, who lied under oath of when he arrived at the scene by 5 hours, the difference between daylight and night-time. Also, the blood vial that has the bloody great syringe hole in it, that was tested by the FBI agent, who again, showed bias against Steven Avery, with his testing method then called into question by an unbiased 3rd party....

her bro is CONVINCED the guy is guilty and is essentially ignoring everything until he hears the guilty verdict he wants, he actually really pisses me off. I reckon him and the ex-bf have something to do with it

Also the prosecuting lawyer has the voice of a middle-aged woman

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Anyone else think the brother, ex boyfriend and roommate are sketchy as hell?

Yep. Along with Steve, most of his family, the two main police guys, the prosecutors, Steve's first defence lawyer.....

A true hicksville mess. I do think there's a decent chance that Steve did do it (perhaps with others), but the evidence presented was so seriously flawed, there's no way he should have been convicted on what they had.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Evidence was definitely planted, that I'm 100% sure of and that in itself should be enough for a retrial or some kind of appeal. Steven Averys continued desperation that he isn't guilty even till today are one of the main reasons I think he didn't do it as by a certain point you must admit defeat but at the same time, I must admit he IS the most likely murderer in my personal opinion.

The young lads conviction is the one that absolutely sickens me, he CLEARLY made up everything and was coerced and lied to by investigators who exploited the fact he isn't the full ticket. The earliest parole date be has is 2048... Simply staggering & absolutely revolting.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Also that Lenk detective, who lied under oath of when he arrived at the scene by 5 hours, the difference between daylight and night-time. Also, the blood vial that has the bloody great syringe hole in it, that was tested by the FBI agent, who again, showed bias against Steven Avery, with his testing method then called into question by an unbiased 3rd party....

her bro is CONVINCED the guy is guilty and is essentially ignoring everything until he hears the guilty verdict he wants, he actually really pisses me off. I reckon him and the ex-bf have something to do with it

Also the prosecuting lawyer has the voice of a middle-aged woman

Oh yes, Lenk. He's caught up in this also. Huge corruption in the whole department.

There are a few of these doing the rounds on the internet

CX7o4YrU0AAEenz.jpg

:bowdown:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Evidence was definitely planted, that I'm 100% sure of and that in itself should be enough for a retrial or some kind of appeal. Steven Averys continued desperation that he isn't guilty even till today are one of the main reasons I think he didn't do it as by a certain point you must admit defeat but at the same time, I must admit he IS the most likely murderer in my personal opinion.

The young lads conviction is the one that absolutely sickens me, he CLEARLY made up everything and was coerced and lied to by investigators who exploited the fact he isn't the full ticket. The earliest parole date be has is 2048... Simply staggering & absolutely revolting.

I don't think he clearly made it up. Not if you read his confession transcripts. He seems to be telling the truth to me.

And how can you be so sure the evidence was planted?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I don't think he clearly made it up. Not if you read his confession transcripts. He seems to be telling the truth to me.

And how can you be so sure the evidence was planted?

I can't say 100% obviously but I think it's clear given the convenience of how bullets were only found months after initial searches, it seems entirely convenient to me that, a man who had a law suit out against the mantiwoc county police for tens of millions, has major evidence found only after they themselves 'searched' the appartment.

The whole dassey side of things is farcical in my opinion, there is no proof anything he said is true for example he said things about slitting her throat on the bed and about the rape on the bed, no blood or other fluids were found anywhere inside the Avery house and no trace of Halbach was found inside Averys house, apart from the things I suspect where planted.. For example the car key, how during a police search was this not found? I mean come on, unless they are the most inept search crew known to man there is simply no way they'd have missed that.. Or the bullets.

Avery may well have killed her but the way in which he was convicted was totally wrong, and as I said the young man, has essentially had his prime years of life erased from him and given his mental capabilities before this he's not going to ever be ready to re-enter the public domain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here