Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We don't know what a new mutation will bring, but with high case numbers the chance of vaccine resistance in some shape or form increases.

Of course if we all took your position and refused to have the vaccine we wouldn't get enjoying the level of freedom we currently have, yet alone greater freedoms next week

I don’t think it’s helpful to make snide comments about his personal choice..especially after yesterday’s posts

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I just can't see how a 'zero covid' (or very close to zero) policy will work - unless they were steaming through an aggressive 100% vacc programme in the meantime prior to reopening. They are possibly going to be stuck in an endless cycle of lockdown/ease/lockdown for a very long time.

Agreed

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I just can't see how a 'zero covid' (or very close to zero) policy will work - unless they were steaming through an aggressive 100% vacc programme in the meantime prior to reopening. They are possibly going to be stuck in an endless cycle of lockdown/ease/lockdown for a very long time.

With their current low vax rate what's the alternative? Let it rip and infect the other 70% of the country that has life more or as normal since May 2020?

Remember, they've had no recession, less than 1k deaths and hardly any long covid.

Why should they be stuck in an endless cycle of lockdowns? They will have to open up when they are fully vaccinated and they are vaccinating. Yes at some point they will have a level of Covid in the community, but they will have handled the situation responsibly protecting not only public heath but also their prosperity

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think a lot of countries maybe removed all restrictions too quick. Here we have quite a few restrictions left, particularly the night life is regulated and so far it seems to be working out. The quick turns between all and nothing is probably getting some unintended results.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Think a lot of countries maybe removed all restrictions too quick. Here we have quite a few restrictions left, particularly the night life is regulated and so far it seems to be working out. The quick turns between all and nothing is probably getting some unintended results.

Which countries do you think…and what regulations do you have for night life …and what other restrictions do u still have …what ones removed …

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
With their current low vax rate what's the alternative? Let it rip and infect the other 70% of the country that has life more or as normal since May 2020?

Remember, they've had no recession, less than 1k deaths and hardly any long covid.

Why should they be stuck in an endless cycle of lockdowns? They will have to open up when they are fully vaccinated and they are vaccinating. Yes at some point they will have a level of Covid in the community, but they will have handled the situation responsibly protecting not only public heath but also their prosperity

You've answered your own question - I'm just v surprised they haven't ramped this up whilst remaining 'safe' as they created a great opportunity to do so - and they don't seem to be really pushing things even now. They won't be able to unlock until they have a large % double-jabbed. Their prosperity may be somewhat impacted by not letting anyone in or out for many months to come - hence my earlier comment re potential impacts outside of a simple measure of deaths from Covid. Time will tell.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You've answered your own question - I'm just v surprised they haven't ramped this up whilst remaining 'safe' as they created a great opportunity to do so - and they don't seem to be really pushing things even now. They won't be able to unlock until they have a large % double-jabbed. Their prosperity may be somewhat impacted by not letting anyone in or out for many months to come - hence my earlier comment re potential impacts outside of a simple measure of deaths from Covid. Time will tell.

Pretty much sums it up….great opportunity…just why have they been so slow on the vax front

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I get the impression they got a bit complacent and weren't in a hurry as they had so little covid (we've had more covid cases in the last 24 hours than they've had during the whole pandemic)

Does look like Sydney and wider metro area may have a lockdown for a few weeks, rest of the country life as normal

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I get the impression they got a bit complacent and weren't in a hurry as they had so little covid (we've had more covid cases in the last 24 hours than they've had during the whole pandemic)

Does look like Sydney and wider metro area may have a lockdown for a few weeks, rest of the country life as normal

Looks that way - quite surprising really..........they really need to get on with vaxxing to avoid all their good work going to waste. They may be able to ease lockdown, but they won't really be back to normal until they can open their borders and that seems to be a long way off.

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
Managed to avoid Covid all this time, but got a text from the little ones school this morning not to bring them in and isolate until the 23rd July, now my partner has tested positive on a lateral flow test. No freedom day for us and the little one won't be back to school until September! It seems mad to relax now when this new variant is so infectious...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Managed to avoid Covid all this time, but got a text from the little ones school this morning not to bring them in and isolate until the 23rd July, now my partner has tested positive on a lateral flow test. No freedom day for us and the little one won't be back to school until September! It seems mad to relax now when this new variant is so infectious...

Well the Tesco s have been explained before ..u didn’t mention if they are unwell?

At least your child won’t be missing too much education I guess

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1415337125453643779[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here