Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
It’s a shame for him as he’s a decent player but I wouldn’t be shocked if he left this window
maybe in the summer, but i think we have to give a new signing, playing outside their home country for the first time in their career, longer than 6 months to prove their worth.

if RDZ expects more then fine, and i agree as he has been poor, but i don’t think it serves anyone well to get rid after half a season

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It's a strange one, he clearly is a very capable player, but has looked uncertain of himself. Fingers crossed he takes the advice and pulls it together.
It's odd how everyone sees people differently. I've not been a fan at all & the biggest reason is that he doesn't seem to be a 'team' player, rather than unsure of himself, to me he appears to be to sure of himself.

Reactions: KNC

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He reminds me of Stephen Alzate, well almost identical in slight physique and style of play. Since Alzate wasn't good enough, hardly surprising Mo has also made the same little impact.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I think we need to keep him. Our bully boo boys and keyboard warriors need someone to lay into when they are bored and the rest of the squad are proving to be annoyingly successful so far this season.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
De Zerbi said yesterday: "I have already spoken to him a lot of times. I expect more and more from him. More quality, personality, energy, enthusiasm. I was clear with him."

That's a big naughty step to be allowed off.

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
I think we need to keep him. Our bully boo boys and keyboard warriors need someone to lay into when they are bored and the rest of the squad are proving to be annoyingly successful so far this season.
‘Bully boys and keyboard warriors’ 😂. Man up son. I’m one of these people who thinks Dahoud doesn’t fit in oh and the manager. Does that make de zerbi a bully boy ?

Wet wipe.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I think we should drop him on an island surrounded by alligators like that bit in Live and Let Die.
If he can escape he clearly has something about him worth persevering with.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
‘Bully boys and keyboard warriors’ 😂. Man up son. I’m one of these people who thinks Dahoud doesn’t fit in oh and the manager. Does that make de zerbi a bully boy ?

Wet wipe.
No, he hasn't been good enough, may never be and RDZ has him low down the pecking order. However if he goes who will you pick on next? You always need one, someone you can make your mealy mouthed, snide comments about, otherwise you won't feel like the big brave soldier you obviously are.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Based on the way he played at previous clubs and his underlying stats, it’s pretty clear he wasn’t going to be able to step into Mac’s shoes. He’s poor in duels, not great in tight spaces/on the half turn and doesn’t cover enough ground. Looks classy on the ball when he has a bit of time and has a good passing range but that is not enough to succeed in a Premier League team. I guess there was a hope he’d improve in his weaker areas and was a bit of a free hit gamble transfer luckily. Imagine if we’d paid money for him - we’d be far more disgruntled.

That's the weird thing. His previous coach said he was a "warrior" and can run all day. I expect De Zerbi has been hoping to see more of that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here