Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Mac Allister - why isn't he playing more?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

IMG_DAE5AD107D31-1.jpeg

On his Instagram story yesterday

canlison

Jan 28, 2022
According to (pretty reliable) Argentinian journalists, he was asymptomatic and tested negative yesterday, so he's going to be in the squad against Colombia on Tuesday

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Looking a much more complete midfielder these days than when he joined. Hopefully keeps the spark going forwards as continues to develop as a solid player when sitting deeper.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thought as much as Bissouma made a difference, MacAllister was exceptional

What luxury it is to give them some down time, before Utd away and still pick up 3 'easy' points.

Although I doubt the Groß 'get ridders' see it that way.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We have a fantastic squad. In no time at all we’ve accumulated a load of gifted top flight players with pace and shifted out all the too slow or incompetent players.

So many options for Graham.

I pray that squad revolution was not the doing of Ashworth.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Vastly underrated, with Biss, Moder, and Lallana, a perfect and very interchangeable combination

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I think when he first joined us you could perhaps accuse him of being a bit of a luxury player, attacking flair but sometimes a bit lacking positionally/defensively which is why Potter preferred him as a sub option.

Now he's not only great at moving the ball forward and picking a key pass quickly but he's also got a bit of niggle and defensive aggression about him. Love seeing these young players develop and thrive under Potter and as mentioned it's key we do all we can to tie him down on a long term contract

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Probably said it already on this thread, but he is a great player.

I think he is as valuable to us from a system perspective, as Trossard and is just so good on the ball.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think when he first joined us you could perhaps accuse him of being a bit of a luxury player, attacking flair but sometimes a bit lacking positionally/defensively which is why Potter preferred him as a sub option.

Now he's not only great at moving the ball forward and picking a key pass quickly but he's also got a bit of niggle and defensive aggression about him. Love seeing these young players develop and thrive under Potter and as mentioned it's key we do all we can to tie him down on a long term contract

MacAllister has said himself that he was surprised by the physicality of the English game, but now feels much stronger.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What was the song that was being sang in the second half today?

Was it this?

(to the tune of Karma Chameleon)

Ali Ali Ali Ali Ali Mac Allister
Our Argentine
He is diviiiiiiiiine
Loving you is easy when your colours are white & blue
They’re white & blue
They’re white & bluuuuuuuue

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here