Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Mac Allister - why isn't he playing more?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Several crunching shoulder charges sending Palace flying, were a joy to behold.
Ref did an excellent job, in allowing hard and fair challenges from him all night.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Several crunching shoulder charges sending Palace flying, were a joy to behold.
Ref did an excellent job, in allowing hard and fair challenges from him all night.

Part of his game that I didn't realise that he had. Bissouma would've been proud of some of the possession-winning tackles made on Friday.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Part of his game that I didn't realise that he had. Bissouma would've been proud of some of the possession-winning tackles made on Friday.

Yeah same here.

The club do a fantastic job in building up the physicality of our players.
Both Trossard and Mac are hugely improved in that area (as was Solly, before them).

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

I had no idea he had it in his locker. He always seemed like an attacking midfielder but was awesome in central midfield. Not that I would want him there as he is fantastic at getting us forward and has a wicked shot on him, but great to know he can cover that position.

Stumpy Tim

I had no idea he had it in his locker. He always seemed like an attacking midfielder but was awesome in central midfield. Not that I would want him there as he is fantastic at getting us forward and has a wicked shot on him, but great to know he can cover that position.

Personally I think his best position is the deep midfielder role, and part of the reason is that he actually gets space outside the box to shoot. As one of the front three he's tightly marked, but because as a team we push up so high, he does have space in front of him to move into and shoot from. Against Chelsea he'll play in the role Lallana normally fills.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah same here.

The club do a fantastic job in building up the physicality of our players.
Both Trossard and Mac are hugely improved in that area (as was Solly, before them).

It can be a very difficult balancing act, this.

Trossard is a good case in point. When he arrived, he was definitely lightweight and easy to knock off the ball - but he was also rapid and exciting. They bulked him up to deal with the first part, but it definitely affected him adversely in other areas.

Only this season (and maybe the end of last) has he got to grips with his stronger physicality, and found a better balance.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Impressed that he was able to drop deeper and play the central holding role when needed as well as pushing us forward. Great eye for a pass. Good feet. Potentially the complete midfielder

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Love him. He’s going to become absolutely vital to us over the next couple of seasons.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Undropable at the moment , good range of passing and so much energy. As I said on the match thread I think we forget he is Argentinian and has aspirations of the number 10 shirt and at least being in their World cup squad

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
One of about 5 man of the match performances tonight. Outstanding. As previously said. Undropbale on current form.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As others are saying, in answer to the OP's question, he is playing all the time, and will be doing so for a long time yet.
He's stepped up just when we needed someone to, and is one of the first names on the team sheet at present.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
What he also gives us is someone that can take a quality set piece.
At Everton before the game as other players went off the pitch after the warm up he practised 2/3 corners and got them right in the zone.
At long last we have someone who can who can do this consistently.
He really seems to have taken his chance.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As others are saying, in answer to the OP's question, he is playing all the time, and will be doing so for a long time yet.
He's stepped up just when we needed someone to, and is one of the first names on the team sheet at present.

You say that……

Alzate has sent the ‘undroppable’ message to Potter. Moder is such class and our ‘top two’ midfielders in Lallana and Bissouma want to get back in the team. Poor Graham, what does he do?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here