Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

M & S pander to this crazy world !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
sorry...I thought we were talking about the often 'offended'....seems like a few on NSC who are permanently offended by something, but usually muslims. Never witnessed so many wuss's in all my days...continually dripping, moaning, and being 'offended'....and the first to complain about muslims being 'offended'...its pretty funny to watch...week in...week out.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oh sorry, our mistake obviously , can you just put up a link where a non Muslim m&s employee has refused to serve someone with a certain product due to religious beliefs ?

Here's a link I found
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3129625/Mother-is-denied-pill-by-Muslim-pharmacist.html

Oh, and another http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/newcastle-protest-pay-day-loan-firm-1938725

Oh and here's another example of people doing their best to fit in ........ By choosing to send their daughter to a Greek Orthodox primary ,and then demanding that things change for them,oh dear its another..... Doesnt matter. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...nts-sue-primary-school-over-ban-on-hijab.html
Still nothing to say Dave ?? Surely you've seen it ? You couldn't possibly be avoing an answer........could you?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Theres no need for me to do so bushy...for the umteenth time...this isnt partcularly about muslims...its about M&S HR policy ...giving their workers...muslim...Jewish...Christians a better working environment...shame on M&S.
Whether a Jew, or a christian takes up the offer....and you dont know that they havnt.......doesnt seem to have any bearing accordiing to you.

Plus I answered you the first time.......

Carry on being 'offended'.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
The story is about M&S HR policy.....Racist? Please...go on...

I thought you'd have something to say on the subject, its right up your street, anthing muslim & your in it like a fly around shite.
defend em at every given opportunity.. but at the same time bol*ocks to the rest.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I thought you'd have something to say on the subject, its right up your street, anthing muslim & your in it like a fly around shite.
defend em at every given opportunity.. but at the same time bol*ocks to the rest.

Says a man inviting racists, neo nazis, and violent, drunk thugs to Brighton in order to indulge in Football style street violence...

Thanks MarkFella.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
'“We recognise that some of our employees practise religions that restrict the food or drink they can handle, or that mean they cannot work at certain times.

“M&S promotes an environment free from discrimination and so, where specific requests are made, we will always make reasonable adjustments to accommodate them, whilst ensuring high levels of customer service.”
The spokesman said the policy applied throughout its 700-plus stores and to other religions as well.
For example, Christians who did not want to work on Sundays and religious Jews who chose not to work on Saturdays would also be excused'

Not according to NSC M&S...shape up or ship out...youre 'offending' the Little Englanders....

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
daveinprague;6091871[B said:
]Theres no need for me to do so bushy...for the umteenth time...this isnt partcularly about muslims...its about M&S HR policy ...[/B]giving their workers...muslim...Jewish...Christians a better working environment...shame on M&S.
Whether a Jew, or a christian takes up the offer....and you dont know that they havnt.......doesnt seem to have any bearing accordiing to you.

Plus I answered you the first time.......

Carry on being 'offended'.
the post I put up was though, it was ALL about Muslims being offended, no surprise to me that you decline to comment , as to your point about m&s policy being there for many different religions, ostensibly yes, but it's no real surprise that its a Muslim that's decided to be offended is it ? If other religions had fallen foul of the policy we'd have heard about it , the tabloid press would jump at the chance of publishing a story about a Christian being forced to work on a Saturday etc, but no, yet again its the religion of peace and tolerance attempting to impose a policy of US fitting with how THEY live their life.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
So bushy...tell me how many Jewish M&S workers have turned down the chance of working on Saturdays, and the same for Christians working on Sundays?

You must have some evidence concerning this I would imagine. You know, to give your responses some sort of credibility.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So bushy...tell me how many Jewish M&S workers have turned down the chance of working on Saturdays, and the same for Christians working on Sundays?

You must have some evidence.
I'll attempt to if you can also bring me some examples of how its affected their ability to do the job they are paid to do , as in this latest case, which is serving customers.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Says a man inviting racists, neo nazis, and violent, drunk thugs to Brighton in order to indulge in Football style street violence...

Thanks MarkFella.

why do you put muslim rights way above anyone elses ? yes you have a muslim girlfriend and you fear you might offend her, but come on fella WHY FFS.. WHY?? why should no one elses matter count ? whos the real fascists ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I dont put muslims rights way above anybody elses...at all.... My GF is of the halal Jagermeister drinking variety, and couldnt give a shit about this sort of crap.
She like most muslims, and most Christians is muslim in name only....

Thanks for the input...carry on organising your St Georges day event...inviting Neo Nazis, Racists, and violent, drunken thugs to Brighton for football style violence MarkFella.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'll attempt to if you can also bring me some examples of how its affected their ability to do the job they are paid to do , as in this latest case, which is serving customers.

Well good luck in getting an answer from M&S.... For some Christians, it certainly affected their ability to do the job they are paid to do...on Sundays....for some Jews, it certainly affected their ability to do the job they are paid to do on... Saturdays.

Due to M&S not following their OWN policy, a mistake was made by THEM, by putting this muslim assistant on the spot. For some reason, you dont think a muslim should have the same considerations as Christians and Jews, but lets face it...few on NSC would be surprised by that.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I dont put muslims rights way above anybody elses...at all.... My GF is of the halal Jagermeister drinking variety, and couldnt give a shit about this sort of crap.
She like most muslims, and most Christians is muslim in name only....

Thanks for the input...carry on organising your St Georges day event...inviting Neo Nazis, Racists, and violent, drunken thugs to Brighton for football style violence MarkFella.

if you don't why are you always jumping to their defence at every given opportunity ?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
why do you put muslim rights way above anyone elses ?

Why should the rights of straight, white men be above all others as they were until very recently? It was so easy when the world played by your rules, not so easy now other voices are being heard.

Any individual of any faith, should have the ability to carry out their duties without fear of comprimising their faith in the course of their employment. It is clear that M&S has enough roles within the business for this to be possible.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
if you don't why are you always jumping to their defence at every given opportunity ?

Im not 'jumping' to muslims defence....im 'jumping' to M&S defence...maybe read the article before joining the debate?

Why are you ALWAYS jumping in to attack Muslims MarkFella?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

You must have some evidence concerning this I would imagine. You know, to give your responses some sort of credibility.

Why don't you tell us how many Jewish have turned down etc etc.

Bushy stated "If other religions had fallen foul of the policy we'd have heard about it ,"
So obviously he has not heard of any.
As you stated "You must have some evidence concerning this I would imagine. You know, to give your responses some sort of credibility."
Some proof eh.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

We have 8 Jehovah's Witnesses in our store who don't work on Sundays due to their religious beliefs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here