Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP HAMPSHIRE V SUSSEX 11 am

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If anyone's listening to the commentary has there been any more news about Nash? Radio Sussex was reporting yesterday evening that he'd torn a hamstring whilst fielding.

They mentioned a level 1 tear.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Lucky, lucky Sussex. Hampshire were nailed on to win right up until the final wicket fell.

I hope Nobbo might finally learn his lesson about enforcing the follow on.

In other news, we have signed "World Cup winner George Bailey" to play limited overs later in the year. Has David Burke got a new job?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Lucky, lucky Sussex. Hampshire were nailed on to win right up until the final wicket fell.

In other news, we have signed "World Cup winner George Bailey" to play limited overs later in the year. Has David Burke got a new job?

I think with Luke as captain, and with the additions planned we're going to be much more competitive in the T20 and 50 over formats.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

"Sussex have signed former Australia Twenty20 captain George Bailey for the second half of the T20 Blast campaign. "
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/32317470

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We've signed George Bailey? Looks like we're in for a wonderful life down the south coast - hope he brings his angel with him

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
So which ineligible player did we use?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I do wish Sussex would stop winning matches. It upsets teams like Surrey and Lancashire who are exactly what Cricket is about. What next ? International call ups ? Sussex should know their place.

Disgusted of the ECB... and Frimley Green.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Shocking performance Sussex! Posting the lowest score of the match does not bode well for the season ahead. Leaving it till lunchtime on the last day to win also shows no respect for April weather and my finger nails.
Hopeless!

TNBA

TTF

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lucky win. Looks like Hants will be getting relegated along with us.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
What on earth are Sussex doing? How dare they beat such a MASSIVE side like Hampshire!!

I didn't think the rules of the game allowed such a thing.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
And still no successful homegrown youth products.

Why wasn't Will Beer playing?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And still no successful homegrown youth products.

Why wasn't Will Beer playing?

Will Beer is on loan to Oxfordshire

There are plenty of home-grown players in the Sussex team: five of the XI that played against Hants came up through the youth system. Prior and Hatchett are injured or they could well have been there and there are Finch, Machan, Jackson, Hudson-Prentice and Piolet on the fringe. We could easily pick a team of home-grown players (which is gratifying for the future).

What's more: the club is really making an effort to pull in more youngsters. I help to coach some of kids at our club and I know that Sussex want to do a lot more (as they admit they haven't in the past)

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Didn't this "joke" wear thin about 8 years ago? All these posts have been done before. Zzzz...
I think this post might have been done once or twice too.

I personally enjoy it because it confuses the people who want to post genuinely negative nonsense ("No batting coach", "terrible treatment of Will Beer", "no trophies for X years", etc, etc).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here