Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] LV COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP HAMPSHIRE V SUSSEX 11 am

Given the clatter of Sussex wickets, perhaps we didn't fancy batting on this minefield in the 4th innings?

The likely deterioration in the wicket was probably a major consideration in not enforcing the follow-on together with a need for our upper order to have as much time as possible in the middle at this stage of the season. You wouldn't expect the Hants upper order to bat poorly (like we seem to have) again if they were following-on and the last thing Sussex would want is to be chasing 150ish on the last day with a worn pitch. Having said that, plan A could go nicely tits-up because we look like being 50-75 short in the 2nd innings; if we had a balanced attack I'd be more confident but with Nash 'n Yardy as the "spinners" we might get chased down over four sessions.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The likely deterioration in the wicket was probably a major consideration in not enforcing the follow-on together with a need for our upper order to have as much time as possible in the middle at this stage of the season. You wouldn't expect the Hants upper order to bat poorly (like we seem to have) again if they were following-on and the last thing Sussex would want is to be chasing 150ish on the last day with a worn pitch. Having said that, plan A could go nicely tits-up because we look like being 50-75 short in the 2nd innings; if we had a balanced attack I'd be more confident but with Nash 'n Yardy as the "spinners" we might get chased down over four sessions.
To sum up we'll loooose

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hants cruising 10/0. Shambles.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sorry, I forgot that it's Vegster who's the guaranteed "kiss of death" in these situations

Thanks for sitting in while I was busy.....so how are we doing ? Luke got his ton yet ?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hampshire TUCKING IN already

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Picnic time at the Ageas Buffet, tuck in everyone! Four more for Carbery, or should that be Carvery?

(What a f**king sh1t declaration)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
76/1

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
158-4

Not the sharpest commentators I've ever heard - they were debating whether Dawson was run out or caught-and-bowled ... in turns out he was bowled

EDIT. And there's doubt whether it was Smith or Dawson out. Either the commentators or Cricinfo has it wrong

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
191/6

Still FOUR wickets in hand, an easy win for Hants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here